When will the Caribbean finally hit stores??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
skybladefromthe

Re: When will the Caribbean finally hit stores??

Post by skybladefromthe »

I think you can lock your cash away with a prepay on some of the larger knife seller sites. I've been thinking about it myself. Diggin my new used Sp.Chef! Peace!
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

BHQ taking $5 deposits on them starting today. I'm guessing they will be here soon.
Justin
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Can someone here please explain why when some of these online knife stores originally posted images of them with prices they said "152.95" and now they changed it to 162 something?
Demon85z

Post by Demon85z »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Can someone here please explain why when some of these online knife stores originally posted images of them with prices they said "152.95" and now they changed it to 162 something?
152 was likely a pre map increase price. I imagine since this was an anticipated release for 2017. Sal had also mentioned the g10 took longer to manufacture than they anticipated .so maybe adjusting the price for the additional labor required to make it? Im still on board for one no matter what tho.
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
SpyderEdgeForever

Demon85z wrote:
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Can someone here please explain why when some of these online knife stores originally posted images of them with prices they said "152.95" and now they changed it to 162 something?
152 was likely a pre map increase price. I imagine since this was an anticipated release for 2017. Sal had also mentioned the g10 took longer to manufacture than they anticipated .so maybe adjusting the price for the additional labor required to make it? Im still on board for one no matter what tho.

Thank you, that is a good likely explanation, and I too am on board for it. I love this knife and I don't even have it yet.
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

Any updates? Been anticipating this knife knife ever since Sal said it was coming in January. I know there were some detent issues they were working out. Are we close?
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
SpyderEdgeForever

rybu0305 wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:02 pm
Any updates? Been anticipating this knife knife ever since Sal said it was coming in January. I know there were some detent issues they were working out. Are we close?
You and me both, friend.

A question for you and others looking forward to the Caribbean: If Spyderco decides to expand the basic pattern and the basic line and make more of these in the future, with Lc200N stainless steel, what specific features would you want to see on them?

I would love to see a line of FRN handled models, with the same steel and perhaps both compression locks and backlocks, and, other blade shapes.
Arkansaw

Post by Arkansaw »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:26 pm
rybu0305 wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:02 pm
A question for you and others looking forward to the Caribbean: If Spyderco decides to expand the basic pattern and the basic line and make more of these in the future, with Lc200N stainless steel, what specific features would you want to see on them?
I've lurked a while but couldn't resist starting an account to throw my .02 in.

I would like to see Lc200N on some of the more common EDC platforms, like the Stretch/Endura/Delica/Dragonfly, etc. Lc200N Stretch 2 is an auto-buy for me if it comes out.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Holding out for the lc200n native 5 coming out this year
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

Since I haven't held a Caribbean yet I can't say for sure but if this knife is the size and feel I think it is I will want to see it expand to other steels, like carbon steels. I know the black and yellow has not been well received by all but other colors for other steels would be very cool.

Sal, any update?
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:26 pm
You and me both, friend.

I would love to see a line of FRN handled models, with the same steel and perhaps both compression locks and backlocks, and, other blade shapes.
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

The Caribbean was designed as a Salt. Have any other Salt models appeared in steels that rust? Wouldn't the appearance of any steel other than H1 or LC200N undermine the whole point of the Salt series?
-Marc (pocketing a Cruwear Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

wrdwrght wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:10 pm
The Caribbean was designed as a Salt. Have any other Salt models appeared in steels that rust? Wouldn't the appearance of any steel other than H1 or LC200N undermine the whole point of the Salt series?
I agree I don’t think any of the Salt series has ever been converted to a non-salt knife but some of the designs do lend themselves to designs that would be good with other steels. I see the Caribbean being one of those designs.

I was getting ahead of myself anyway. I just want to see this model, hopefully before I go to the beach in the summer.
More CBBL please!
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

That would be really cool to see orange and black or some other color g10 like this on other models
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

If I remember correctly Sal wrote somewhere that the first batch failed quality control and they are changing manufacturer, so it might take a while...