Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rivy

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by rivy »

Wow - has anyone actually received funds back to their account from SMKW?
Calicoast

Post by Calicoast »

Not yet. Never heard or received any updates after my order. I sent them an email to check to see when the Caly Jr. might ship, this was the email reply I received:

We do not have a confirmed delivery date but unfortunately we have gotten word that the pricing was given to us incorrectly. We are in the process of contacting everyone to let them know. We would like to know how you would like to proceed with your order. The new retail will be $77.99. Would you like to keep the item on backorder and pay the difference or would you just prefer to cancel the order? Thank you.

I asked SMKW to cancel please + refund.
No return funds or reply back yet.
-C
foofie

Post by foofie »

I received a call from them yesterday AM, letting me know of the pricing error. They gave me the choice of paying the difference or cancelling the transaction. I choose to cancel the order, and about an hour later, I had the paypal refund.

Not sure why I cancelled, since I will likely buy one anyway...
But I think SMKW did a reasonable job communicating with me. I do wish they had never charged paypal/credit card until they had the sprint run in hand.
Calicoast

Post by Calicoast »

Just want to include to my prior post that the email received by SMKW was received, and a reply sent back to them early yesterday morning. So it looks like they are working on it, should be soon. -C
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

My $75 Caly3.5 Amazon order from June just shipped!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Gents,
I have a suggestion. Can you start a different thread about SMKW?
I believe that this thread about something else.

Sorry that I put it in large font. Just wanted to be sure that "SMKW" people will read.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

SMKW Thread started viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77166
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Landon,
Thank you
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I don’t follow pricing like some of you guys so this may not be news, but...I just say today that Knifecenter has both Southards at 55%-56% off.

ETA: upon further inspection, it’s probably not news as a quick internet search showed me that Bladehq hat them even cheaper still. $175 for the black! 62% off msrp.
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

abbazaba wrote:My $75 Caly3.5 Amazon order from June just shipped!
I got mine in December. CONGRATULATIONS! Mine was picture perfect for sure, and for such a crazy steal. Thanks to this thread.
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

ozarksource.com has 15% off (the promo code is KNIFE15) their "final clearance" Spyderco knives, which are already at 40% or more off MAP. Plus free shipping and no tax (except for MO and MI). So that ends up being a pretty good deal vs. the new MAP pricing. They have 163 Spyderco models in this deal, so lots to choose from. I picked up a G10 Dragonfly.

https://www.ozarksource.com/final-clear ... =price&p=1

I tried to place a second order and the code wasn't working, so I believe that maybe you can only use it once per account. So load up on your one order!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

steelcity16 wrote:ozarksource.com has 15% off (the promo code is KNIFE15) their "final clearance" Spyderco knives, which are already at 40% or more off MAP. Plus free shipping and no tax (except for MO and MI). So that ends up being a pretty good deal vs. the new MAP pricing. They have 163 Spyderco models in this deal, so lots to choose from. I picked up a G10 Dragonfly.

I tried to place a second order and the code wasn't working, so I believe that maybe you can only use it once per account. So load up on your one order!
Nice choice. I just gifted one to a friend last weekend for his 40th.
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

oops..posted in wrong thread :o
Last edited by buccilli15 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
remnar

Post by remnar »

Thanks for the heads up steelcity. :) I picked up a Ti Byrd Robin 2 and a K11P kitchen knife. :spyder:
Babalu32

Post by Babalu32 »

Darn Dao is 399 @ stcloudknives dot com.
Not in the market for one but I think that's a good price.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

steelcity16 wrote:ozarksource.com has 15% off (the promo code is KNIFE15) their "final clearance" Spyderco knives, which are already at 40% or more off MAP. Plus free shipping and no tax (except for MO and MI). So that ends up being a pretty good deal vs. the new MAP pricing. They have 163 Spyderco models in this deal, so lots to choose from. I picked up a G10 Dragonfly.

Thank you for the code. Gonna pick up a Aqua Salt.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
sn0wman72

Post by sn0wman72 »

Cool! Thx for the heads up, picked a a couple of Spyderco's and saved $40
Drewthebrave

Post by Drewthebrave »

Thanks SteelCity, I finally jumped on the blue Delica I've been eyeing for months.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Thanks for the code. Finally picked up a sage 2 for $158.
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

xceptnl wrote:

Thank you for the code. Gonna pick up a Aqua Salt.
Thanks steelcity16
Justin