Mantra bearing race issue SOLVED

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ippon

Re: Mantra bearing race issue SOLVED

Post by Ippon »

I had this issue with my domino, the bearings left small dents in that little washer. Really a fragile thing. No matter what I tried would fix it. Finally I broke and threw in some old phosphor bronze ones in place of the steel ones, worked like a charm, back to new. I'm curious to see how it holds up over time.
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

Bill1170 wrote:Bodog,

Have you tried sending any of your three defective knives to Spyderco? From what I learn here, they don't send out repair parts, but they do take good care of their customers, especially if product was defective. I'd give it a try.
Thats what the whole rant was about. I shouldn't need to send in two of them, especially the military because they have the parts here in America, and the third one I'll be left with a choice of getting the knife sent back to me or buy another knife at the same price spyderco dealers sell knives for, but from them. These are my favorite knives. The designs are really great. I carried that military pretty much everyday for quite awhile until I got the mantra. It's not like I don't like the designs or steels or handle materials or the price I bought the knives for. Now that I have three knives all needing warranty work it might be worth it to send them in as a bunch, but it's kind of nuts that I have three knives all needing warranty work and that they all need to be sent in.
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
4life

Post by 4life »

I don't feel it's right to have to send in a knife that costs me 240AUD + 70AUD for shipping just to have them replace the crappy washers they used with the same junk.
Just the shipping fees alone to send something from Australia to spyderco, not to mention the wait time is a good reason why I don't send it in.
Plenty of other knife companies send me out replacement screws etc.
Some do on just my word, others require photos etc but they all have so far besides spyderco.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

4life wrote:I don't feel it's right to have to send in a knife that costs me 240AUD + 70AUD for shipping just to have them replace the crappy washers they used with the same junk.
Just the shipping fees alone to send something from Australia to spyderco, not to mention the wait time is a good reason why I don't send it in.
Plenty of other knife companies send me out replacement screws etc.
Some do on just my word, others require photos etc but they all have so far besides spyderco.
Well, I guess return it to where you bought it and move on with your life then.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David