Show me your well used Slysz Bowie & Techno

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Show me your well used Slysz Bowie & Techno

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

I'm waiting for delivery of my Slysz Bowie and Techno, reading all the threads, reviews and watching you tube clips. I'm super excited.

I've heard they "wear" well with the stonewashed blade & scales.

I'd love to see your photos of your well used knives with scratches, dents and marks.

Cheers,

Jonny
farnorthdan

Re: Show me your well used Slysz Bowie & Techno

Post by farnorthdan »

Right on Jonny, your in for a real treat, mine aren't all scratched up or very used looking even though they make regular rotation for me. I attribute a big part of that to the finish on the Ti scales and what ever they coat the blade with on these piece, they both seem to wear real well and are pretty tough. I'm really looking forward to another Slysz collaboration, hoping its the sway back.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

please don't leave me hanging guys. i want confirmation they these will be great users and look better with age and use.
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

I don't have one but considering getting one if I can muster up another $100 from selling a knife or two on BF's. Then I will gladly post pics. :)
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

farnorthdan wrote:Right on Jonny, your in for a real treat, mine aren't all scratched up or very used looking even though they make regular rotation for me. I attribute a big part of that to the finish on the Ti scales and what ever they coat the blade with on these piece, they both seem to wear real well and are pretty tough. I'm really looking forward to another Slysz collaboration, hoping its the sway back.
+1
A well used Slysz looks like a new Slysz.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

That's good to hear, and exactly as I hoped.
TBH I want to get the Bowie/Techno combo to be my main casual users, keep one of my PM2 as my work knife and then sell most of my other knives that don't get used.
Flipping Addict

That's kind of where I have evolved to. Used to want every Spyderco I could get my hands on, but lately have thrown that out the window because it is never ending losing game against my wallet. So, gonna settle on about 6 favorites and sell the rest. and as new nicer ones pop up from year to year then sell one #6 and continue the rotation.

My hope is the Slysz will be among those 6 like my PM2, Millie, and ZT's are.
Jtcknifemaker

Post by Jtcknifemaker »

i want to show mine off but the file is too large!! I just sharpened it up. I used a 20 degree angle instead of a 30 and carfuly took it to a buffing wheel to a mirror edge, a true mirror edge! I compared it to my brand new rockstead higo and my slysz bowie is sharper!!! :eek: :) i know it will get dull quicker than the yxr7 will esp. at such a crazy low angle but wanted to share. And ask has anyone noticed their lock bar moving across the lock face really fast i bought my slysz bowie about 6 months back it was 60% lock up now its close to 80% have you guys had the same experience? Oh and i almost forgot about why i am posting, the only thing that has shown wear on it is the pocket clip and it hides it well from the sand blast (one of my favorite features) my carrys are a manix 2 xl s30v at work slysz bowie for fun and traveling a sebenza lg insingo when i feel like it ;) and my most recent find a brand new rockstead higo in yxr7 for "church carrying" have a good day guys!!
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Can you use Photobucket or imageshack?

Church carry for me is Damascus Delica, seems appropriate if you get me?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Jtcknifemaker wrote:i want to show mine off but the file is too large!! I just sharpened it up. I used a 20 degree angle instead of a 30 and carfuly took it to a buffing wheel to a mirror edge, a true mirror edge! I compared it to my brand new rockstead higo and my slysz bowie is sharper!!! :eek: :) i know it will get dull quicker than the yxr7 will esp. at such a crazy low angle but wanted to share. And ask has anyone noticed their lock bar moving across the lock face really fast i bought my slysz bowie about 6 months back it was 60% lock up now its close to 80% have you guys had the same experience? Oh and i almost forgot about why i am posting, the only thing that has shown wear on it is the pocket clip and it hides it well from the sand blast (one of my favorite features) my carrys are a manix 2 xl s30v at work slysz bowie for fun and traveling a sebenza lg insingo when i feel like it ;) and my most recent find a brand new rockstead higo in yxr7 for "church carrying" have a good day guys!!
Welcome to the forum Jtcknifemaker :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Jtcknifemaker

Post by Jtcknifemaker »

SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote:Can you use Photobucket or imageshack?

Church carry for me is Damascus Delica, seems appropriate if you get me?

Wow that is a pretty knife i have not seen many damascus spiders in person but it would be a good piece for a knife addict like me or any of my friends :)
Jtcknifemaker

Post by Jtcknifemaker »

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/jtcru ... p.jpg.html

So this link should go to my new photo bucket
Jtcknifemaker

Post by Jtcknifemaker »

farnorthdan wrote:
Jtcknifemaker wrote:i want to show mine off but the file is too large!! I just sharpened it up. I used a 20 degree angle instead of a 30 and carfuly took it to a buffing wheel to a mirror edge, a true mirror edge! I compared it to my brand new rockstead higo and my slysz bowie is sharper!!! :eek: :) i know it will get dull quicker than the yxr7 will esp. at such a crazy low angle but wanted to share. And ask has anyone noticed their lock bar moving across the lock face really fast i bought my slysz bowie about 6 months back it was 60% lock up now its close to 80% have you guys had the same experience? Oh and i almost forgot about why i am posting, the only thing that has shown wear on it is the pocket clip and it hides it well from the sand blast (one of my favorite features) my carrys are a manix 2 xl s30v at work slysz bowie for fun and traveling a sebenza lg insingo when i feel like it ;) and my most recent find a brand new rockstead higo in yxr7 for "church carrying" have a good day guys!!
Welcome to the forum Jtcknifemaker :)
Thank you
elqfaltaba

Post by elqfaltaba »

Here are mine:

Saludos.
Jtcknifemaker

Post by Jtcknifemaker »

elqfaltaba wrote:Here are mine:

Saludos.

Nice! Is it true the techno has the blade geometry of a screwdriver? Or does it cut fine?
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Besides Cuscadi, where else could I get matching colour backspacers? Copper would be nice
Flipping Addict

Well, got my Slysz today. Got to say, after selling several good knives to fund it, I am disappointed. It came not centered. This was to be my centerpiece of my collection. Ugh. I will never be able to enjoy it as that is my #1 knife peeve. So, back it goes.

In a $50 knife I could live with it, but not this supposed top shelf Spydie.

Now the decision is should I return it and take a chance on a second try or use that money on another knife, maybe fluted Millie. Have had multiples of those and never an off centered blade.

Anyone else's Slysz off center? My luck I got the only freakin one.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Flipping Addict wrote:Well, got my Slysz today. Got to say, after selling several good knives to fund it, I am disappointed. It came not centered. This was to be my centerpiece of my collection. Ugh. I will never be able to enjoy it as that is my #1 knife peeve. So, back it goes.

In a $50 knife I could live with it, but not this supposed top shelf Spydie.

Now the decision is should I return it and take a chance on a second try or use that money on another knife, maybe fluted Millie. Have had multiples of those and never an off centered blade.

Anyone else's Slysz off center? My luck I got the only freakin one.
Bummer man, mine was perfect, I think this is the first one I have heard of being off center, what vendor? I would call them up and be very specific about what I want and definitely send it back for another, I would give it another chance, you want this piece in your collection.

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

I love both my Slysz Bowie and my Techno. Here's a few pics I've taken along the way..

:D :spyder:
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
Flipping Addict

Like the blue Techno. Sweet.