Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cogito

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by Cogito »

awa54 wrote:
Cogito wrote:Urban and Manix 2 XL
talk about opposites! :)
LOL, I didn't really even realize that! Must be because I ordered them from different companies a few days apart.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Domino, regular old black CF.....I knew this would end up happening after I got the exclusives. I can't stop myself...unexpected check..I knew exactly where it was going.....was thinking Battlestation And Friction folder ....for about 2 seconds...
ronT2

Post by ronT2 »

awa54 wrote:Nishijin R :D
Nice! They've always appealed to me.

Patiently waiting for my Sage 5.
My EDC rotation: Kapara, Chaparral CF, Mantra, Sage 1, Sage 5, Dice, Domino, Gayle Bradley 2, PakkaDelica, Native CFF
awa54

Post by awa54 »

ronT2 wrote:

I got the confirmation that KW shipped my Sage 5 today :D

The R arrived today, it's really a great knife, the ergos and the look of the scales is awesome, though the overall profile of the knife is going to take some getting used to.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
kataphraktos

Post by kataphraktos »

Delica ZDP-189. Weirdly enough, had a dozen or so Spydercos over the years (light compared to many/most here, I know), but have never gotten around to owning a Delica. Looking forward to seeing the legend in action.

Next up: hoping to try this "vanilla" ice cream flavor that I hear so many of these kids today are raving about on the Internets.
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Sage 5 shipped today. Now the waiting begins... :rolleyes:
SG89

Post by SG89 »

awa54 wrote:
ronT2 wrote:

I got the confirmation that KW shipped my Sage 5 today :D

The R arrived today, it's really a great knife, the ergos and the look of the scales is awesome, though the overall profile of the knife is going to take some getting used to.
What specifically about the profile will take some getting used to? I'm considering this knife but a Delica with a choil freaks me out! :p
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Spydergirl88 wrote: What specifically about the profile will take some getting used to? I'm considering this knife but a Delica with a choil freaks me out! :p
The R looks very *straight through* somehow... the other 3.5"+ Spydercos I have all look like they have a pronounced downward blade angle in relation to the handle, the R doesn't *look* like it does, the reality is that it *does* have just as much angle, but it's deceptive. In the hand it feels great, if you had very large fingers I'd imagine the *deep* forward choil wouldn't be of much use, but for the rest of us I think it's a good design and gives a really secure grip. The fat tail of the handle is also different, again it really *works*, just makes it look odd. And the way that the choil and top ramp "pinch" is a very different look than other Spydies, again in hand it's a benefit, not a problem, but it looks totally different from a PM2, a Manix or a Bradley.

Mine has a few flaws which are undoubtedly the reason the original owner put it up for sale, but that's good, because I won't be tempted to keep it minty and I think this one will be a great medium duty EDC. Nishijin is gorgeous BTW, the internal 3D effect is very cool! Any hesitation about the knife is just about getting used to a design that really isn't like another Spydie already... when the knife is in use there's no doubt that it's a winner. ...and yes the blade is basically a super sized Delica profile (more so than the Endura, since the R's tip doesn't rise much at all), with super sized slicing capability to match.

I'm very glad I scored one, I doubt you'd be disappointed! :D

...plus there's no sheath to worry about, lol! ;)
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

^ Nice mini review on the R David!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

Ive got a Ti Pingo on the way. Its my first Italian made spydie, first in Elmax and first Slipit. I cant see it keeping the 204P Military out of my pocket (way more knife than I need but man I love it) but should be a nice addition to the collection.
jonnieb

Post by jonnieb »

Dragonfly II in ZDP 189
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

Preordered a Maxamelt LW Manix 2 and got a S110v LW M2 coming my way. I regret selling my old one..problem solved.

Manix Addict!
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
death-to-yancey

Post by death-to-yancey »

Digicam dlc paramilitary 2, my first spyderco. Plan on picking up either a zdp-189 stretch or endura soon, but figured I'd start with the pm2.
Thanks to all members, old and new.

-George
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Jot Singh Khalsa sprint :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

death-to-yancey wrote:Digicam dlc paramilitary 2, my first spyderco. Plan on picking up either a zdp-189 stretch or endura soon, but figured I'd start with the pm2.
Good choice. The digi dlc was my 1st PM2. Excellent fit and finish. It has since been gifted and replaced with 4 other variations :D

Happy to wake up to a email saying my Sage 5 is en route.
death-to-yancey

KnickKnackCity wrote:
death-to-yancey wrote:Digicam dlc paramilitary 2, my first spyderco. Plan on picking up either a zdp-189 stretch or endura soon, but figured I'd start with the pm2.
Good choice. The digi dlc was my 1st PM2. Excellent fit and finish. It has since been gifted and replaced with 4 other variations :D

Happy to wake up to a email saying my Sage 5 is en route.
Thanks! I can't wait to get it, even though I still am (!!) It was supposed to be delivered today but it sat at the second post for 2 days without moving so it's behind. I hate when that happens lol. It's in Louisville, Ky now and I'm in southern Indiana so hopefully it makes it tomorrow. It's so close why can't I just go get it?! Lol

-George
calebj06

Post by calebj06 »

My first one will be here tomorrow.
Native 5 g10

I'm super excited
death-to-yancey

calebj06 wrote:My first one will be here tomorrow.
Native 5 g10

I'm super excited
Nice! I was struggling with the choice of the g10 or lw native 5, or a pm2 for my first. Chose the pm2 because a deal came up on a used one, but if it hadn't I'm sure I'd still be trying to decide lol. I'm still waiting on mine unfortunately, usps decided to mis-send it to the wrong postage center so I got the dreaded "your package is delayed" message. Hopefully I get it tomorrow. And hopefully your shipment goes better than mine, I know the waiting sucks! I really think we're both going to be happy.

-George
calebj06

Post by calebj06 »

Same boat as you. Got a super deal on a used native 5 g10.

Allowed me enough to funds to buy something else from gpknives when I visit them in a week or so!!!!
BTG

Post by BTG »

40th anniversary N5...can't wait to see it up close and in person..