PM3 Perhaps ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
idubodywork

PM3 Perhaps ?

Post by idubodywork »

While trying to decide which spydie would get pocket time today ( PM2 or UKPK or both :confused: )
I had a vision... :eek: looking at the two of them together really got me thinking... A scaled down Ulta light weight version of the PM2 sure would hit the spot .The size of the UKPK or a tad smaller with a set of thin milled liners, FRCP scales ,
( same shape as the PM2 scales tho... how cool would that be :cool: ) more beefy than normal 4-way deep-pocket wire clip. Give it a CTS -BD1 blade
( affordable ) slap a lock on it ( back lock ?) and call it done ... All this at attractive price point of course. Oh and one more thing ... some new exclusive colors :D ... and I shall call it ... PM3

what do ya think ? Let's hear some PM3 build ideas !
Attachments
phpWdlBp1AM.jpg
:spyder: What A Great Knife ! :spyder:
bearfacedkiller

Re: PM3 Perhaps ?

Post by bearfacedkiller »

There is one already in the works. I have seen it and fondled it a little. It will be G10 and a compression lock. If I was a betting man I would bet that it will be S30V but that we will also get a blurple S110V model at some point too. This will be an insanely popular knife and I think sprints are a given once the initial demand is met for the regular production model.

I think you are on to something and I think that great minds think alike. In this case probably thousands of like minds. Did I say that this was gonna be popular? ;) :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
idubodywork

Post by idubodywork »

Already in the works ? Good to hear :) hopefully it won't be long. I agree It will be an instant success!

In regards to everything I said in my original post...

... I shall call it... PM4 or 5 or 6 ...

I'm not giving up that easy :D
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

idubodywork wrote:Already in the works ? Good to hear :) hopefully it won't be long. I agree It will be an instant success!

In regards to everything I said in my original post...

... I shall call it... PM4 or 5 or 6 ...

I'm not giving up that easy :D
Use the search function, Sal is already carrying the prototype. Some forum members have seen it in person. And they have been calling it PM3 for a while now.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Others have asked for an frn version. Don't give up! ;) I don't know if I want one myself though. :confused:
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

I'll take the FRN version for sure, preferably with the compression lock.. ;)
(and while waiting I'll carry the G10 version off course)
sal

Post by sal »

The 3" blade smaller Para is in-the-works. We have decided to take the suggestion of one of our forumites and call it the "Minuteman".

sal
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I'm quite fond on the "Minuteman" name, thats some exciting news!
- Nick :bug-red
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

That is great! The "Minuteman" has a nice patriotic sound to it. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Gringos suggestion wasn't it?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

sal wrote:The 3" blade smaller Para is in-the-works. We have decided to take the suggestion of one of our forumites and call it the "Minuteman".

sal

This sounds great. :D

Does it not matter that Schrade Old Timer already has a knife model called "Minuteman"? Or does it not matter since they are in separate categories and won't compete directly?
Going back to Caly.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

My only suggestion would be not to worry about digicam on this lil beast since it is smaller. Black G10 with and without DLC and then of course blurple, and every fathomable sprint steel and color. This will be KOTY for me! An office friendly beast!
MattinLA

Post by MattinLA »

sal wrote:The 3" blade smaller Para is in-the-works. We have decided to take the suggestion of one of our forumites and call it the "Minuteman".

sal
Sounds GREAT! I just hope it has the same size thumbhole and the ease of access to it as the PM2, its the primary reason its my EDC and that I have multiples of the PM2
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

sal
Sounds sooo great ! :cool:
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

Hi Sal,

Any teaser photos available?
idubodywork

Post by idubodywork »

Thank you to everyone, especially to Sal for sharing your info about the minuteman . Ive owned " a "( as in 1 ) spyderco for a while but I've only recently educated myself on the history of Spyderco and joined the forum... all I can say is WOW ! My seemingly uncontrollable urges :eek: have led to having " a " spyderco to having almost 20 in less than to months ( gonna be in the dog house for a while )The fact that the company especially the big man himself has such a ginuine concern and is so actively involved in the ideas and questions that float around in this forum is just awesome. It really solidifies the already high level of pride that comes with owning a spyderco.
Anyway... sorry for the rant...just wanted to say thanks and let everyone know I'm super stoked to be part of the group :D
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

I think "Militia" sounds better than "Minuteman." ;)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Minuteman....am I the only one who's been playing way too much Fallout 4 lately?

I kinda like the progression this knife family has made, it's sort of funny to me. People wanted a smaller Military, so the Paramilitary was born. People wanted a slightly bigger Paramilitary, so the Para 2 was born. Now people want a slightly smaller Para 2, so the....Oh wait we already had a slightly smaller Para 2, it was the Para 1 LOL. Still, the improvements that the Para 2 got being applied to a Para 1 sized package do sound great. You can't say Spyderco doesn't cater to their customer's wishes LOL.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
BTG

Post by BTG »

SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote:Hi Sal,

Any teaser photos available?

Not Sal, but I found this..
image.jpeg
npad69

Post by npad69 »