Southard Positron (Ion) Status Check

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
swigert

Re: Southard Positron (Ion) Status Check

Post by swigert »

Just got mine from CS. Looks like they have more. Can't wait.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Oh man you're right. I seriously need that knife. I see the Mike Draper is available too.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

My bank account hates me right now.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Some of you guys already got yours? Post some pics
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
swigert

Post by swigert »

koenigsegg wrote:Some of you guys already got yours? Post some pics
Ordered not in hand. If they ship tomorrow I'll get it Tuesday. It'll prob go out Monday though and I'll get it Wednesday. Hopefully CS shipping isn't to backed up with all your guys' dang PM2's!!!!!

;)
flatearth

Post by flatearth »

swigert wrote:Just got mine from CS. Looks like they have more. Can't wait.
holy carp, these are available?? I need a 2nd job...
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Ordered from CS at 16:42 PT. Too late to ship today so hopefully it'll ship on Monday. I've really been looking forward to this little classy EDC flipper. Plus, $153.95 shipped is a nice price for that nice real CF.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Should I cancel my order at KW and order from CS?
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
swigert

Post by swigert »

koenigsegg wrote:Should I cancel my order at KW and order from CS?
That's up to you. Call knife works and ask how many people pre ordered.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

swigert wrote:
Went ahead and ordered from CS
swigert

Post by swigert »

koenigsegg wrote:
swigert wrote:
Were you able to cancel the pre order?
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

swigert wrote:
koenigsegg wrote:
swigert wrote:
Were you able to cancel the pre order?
I emailed them
Figured that's all I can do this late
Tin-Tin

Post by Tin-Tin »

Man that would send me through the roof of knifeworks sends out orders to impulse buyers seeing I've been waiting over a month to get mine ! I hope that's not true ! I just emailed them to find out what's the status .
swigert

Post by swigert »

Tin-Tin wrote:Man that would send me through the roof of knifeworks sends out orders to impulse buyers seeing I've been waiting over a month to get mine ! I hope that's not true ! I just emailed them to find out what's the status .

Hold on guys. They haven't even listed them as in stock. No reason to think they would skip the pre orders. Some is just ordered from a dealer that didnt do pre orders.
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

I never do pre-orders. I don't like waiting once they're actually released. I've never seen the benefit to pre-ordering.

Right now, in the video game industry, there is a lot of pushback against pre-ordering. Customers are pre-paying for a product, the customer's money is in the pocket of the seller before the product is even created, so where's the incentive for the seller (or manufacturer) to provide top-shelf customer service or release a product that even works? There is none, and customers are receiving a product that is buggy or doesn't work in most cases.

There is absolutely no benefit to pre-ordering unless the product is truly limited in supply and demand far exceeds that supply.
swigert

Post by swigert »

I've also never pre ordered. There would be very slim chances of me ever pre ordering. I'm confident I can always get what I want.

If BHQ took pre orders on the M4 PM2 that would be one of the times because a pre order would sell the whole batch.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

jimmyjohnjohn wrote:I never do pre-orders. I don't like waiting once they're actually released. I've never seen the benefit to pre-ordering.

Right now, in the video game industry, there is a lot of pushback against pre-ordering. Customers are pre-paying for a product, the customer's money is in the pocket of the seller before the product is even created, so where's the incentive for the seller (or manufacturer) to provide top-shelf customer service or release a product that even works? There is none, and customers are receiving a product that is buggy or doesn't work in most cases.

There is absolutely no benefit to pre-ordering unless the product is truly limited in supply and demand far exceeds that supply.
I'm not saying there was real benefit to the preorder I did but that being said they only took the money out for 2 days then put it back into my account, they will bill me once the knife is shipped out from their place. I guess I didn't know how popular it was being my first nicer Spyderco and I wanted to try to get an early shipment.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Cancel was successful, got confirmation this morning, also just got confirmed my knife is shipping from CS!!!!!!!!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Oh man you're right. I seriously need that knife. I see the Mike Draper is available too.
Wow, the Draper is finally here too. I am curious how well it will sell.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
swigert

Post by swigert »

I got confirmation from CS also.