Would anyone else like to see another Cruwear Millie?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Surfingringo

Would anyone else like to see another Cruwear Millie?

Post by Surfingringo »

Maybe with carbon fiber scales? Honestly, I would buy it in any handle color/material. I would just like a chance to get a new Cruwear Millie with the latest CQI updates.
twinboysdad

Re: Would anyone else like to see another Cruwear Millie?

Post by twinboysdad »

One of the e-stores should commission the sprint!
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Is this a trick question ? :eek: Let me think .....maybe :p
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Well, now that Sal has won me over with the CQI'd Police4, I'm ready for my first Millie. I'd love a CQI'd Millie with Cruwear and CF scales. Helicoils, please?
-Marc (pocketing a JD Smith sprint today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

wrdwrght wrote:Well, now that Sal has won me over with the CQI'd Police4, I'm ready for my first Millie. I'd love a CQI'd Millie with Cruwear and CF scales. Helicoils, please?
Inserts for tip up option would be amazing and would likely bring some new users to the Millie platform.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Absolutely, I put mine in Micarta scales and have been on the look out for another stock piece for the collection but a new CQI would be a no brainer
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I own the Military in five flavors and Cruwear is my favorite. Sign me up. Cruwear is a steel that does everything well and nothing poorly. It is such a great balance of attributes. I want a NativeLW and Manix2XL as well. A Police4 in Cruwear would blow me away.

Great suggestion my friend!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

I would, but please no black scales! :rolleyes:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
m4d

Post by m4d »

Surfingringo wrote:Maybe with carbon fiber scales? Honestly, I would buy it in any handle color/material. I would just like a chance to get a new Cruwear Millie with the latest CQI updates.
+1 :)
Donut

Post by Donut »

Not really. I have two or had two and it doesn't really seem like a high demand model.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

Surfingringo wrote:Maybe with carbon fiber scales? Honestly, I would buy it in any handle color/material. I would just like a chance to get a new Cruwear Millie with the latest CQI updates.
CruWear Millie with blue Nishijin scales.

(and a Native 5 CruWear with blue Nishijin, or linerless Goldenrod G10--no intent to drift the thread, SG)
thewoodpecker

Post by thewoodpecker »

Millie in Cruwear would be cool. I'd be more interested to see it in other models though...Shaman or Police 4 would beat out Millie for me.
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I have only a bit of sharpening experience with Cruwear, how does it compare to M4? Because I love me some M4.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Surfingringo wrote:
wrdwrght wrote:Well, now that Sal has won me over with the CQI'd Police4, I'm ready for my first Millie. I'd love a CQI'd Millie with Cruwear and CF scales. Helicoils, please?
Inserts for tip up option would be amazing and would likely bring some new users to the Millie platform.
I’d like to be one of those new users!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:
By “new users” I was referring to new buyers. ALL Millies are users! :D And there’s always room for more!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Evil D wrote:I have only a bit of sharpening experience with Cruwear, how does it compare to M4? Because I love me some M4.
Im a big fan of m4 too but I find cruwear to have even better sharpening response. M4 is easy to get scary sharp but cruwear is almost effortless. Cruwear is even easier to get to high levels of sharp and it takes a slightly more aggressive/sticky edge than m4 at any given grit. If you like the way m4 sharpens you will love cruwear.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Surfingringo wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:
By “new users” I was referring to new buyers. ALL Millies are users! :D And there’s always room for more!
The main reason I don’t own a Millie is because of the clip. I’ve tried, I just can’t get used to it. I don’t like having the clip under my hand during cutting. It would be nice if it was down on the end out of the way.

Anyway, yeah I’d like a new Millie and to be a new user.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
wirelessjunkie

Post by wirelessjunkie »

Evil D wrote:I have only a bit of sharpening experience with Cruwear, how does it compare to M4? Because I love me some M4.
It sharpens up easier, seems to be more corrosion resistant, and is every bit as durable from my testing. Doesn't have the extreme edge retention of M4, but its also no slouch. Seems to hold its edge about the same as XHP from my use, and sharpens up faster. I like it so much that I now have 4 different Spydies in it ( Millie, PM2, Para 3, Manix 2, all users). Overall, if you like the toughness of M4 but are willing to give up some edge holding for ease of sharpening then you'll probably love this steel.
wirelessjunkie

Post by wirelessjunkie »

thewoodpecker wrote:Millie in Cruwear would be cool. I'd be more interested to see it in other models though...Shaman or Police 4 would beat out Millie for me.
Oh god, a Cruwear Shaman with White/Grey scales would be amazing. I can always dream.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Love the CruWear gray G10, but I'd buy it in anything but pink!

CruWear really ought to be rolled in to the regular lineup like S110V, between the two, Spyderco could rule the steel junkie world ;)
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...