The Spyderco Military?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Archimedes

The Spyderco Military?

Post by Archimedes »

What was the fist model? What steel did it have? What were the markings? What about second generations? What was next?

What are the rarest sprints? What are the rarest productions?

Any info on this model I would like to know.

I have really become interested in this knife lately and would love it if some experts would give me some information. I learn better with images so pictures are worth a 1000 words to me.

Thanks in advance.
SG89

Re: The Spyderco Military?

Post by SG89 »

http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C36_Military" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for!!
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

After studying the site is it completely void of pictures? Or am I missing something. Very good information. It looks like the ATS34 Mil and the 440V Mil were made at the same time?
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

The ATS34 one was earlier IIRC. Here's a picture of my well-used 440V, serrated Millie. Also, technically, there has only been one generation--there is not yet a Military 2.

HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Yes.

On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Buy one.

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

A rarer model, Ti M4

Another one of my favorites:

Cant forget these:

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Archimedes wrote:After studying the site is it completely void of pictures? Or am I missing something. Very good information.
If you are looking for comic books style, Spydiewiki is the wrong place. But - as you said - you see a lot of good information in it and in my eyes information is much more important.

If you are searching for pictures only, use Google and spend a weekend or so to look through all of them ;)
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Peter1960 wrote:
Archimedes wrote:After studying the site is it completely void of pictures? Or am I missing something. Very good information.
If you are looking for comic books style, Spydiewiki is the wrong place. But - as you said - you see a lot of good information in it and in my eyes information is much more important.

If you are searching for pictures only, use Google and spend a weekend or so to look through all of them ;)
Or the pictures section here.
3rdGenRigger wrote:Buy one.

Are we talking about that sweet old Honda? If so I call dibs.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I think all of the small changes to the Military over the past 19 years have been interesting. Two screw clip to the classic triangle pattern Military clip. The changes to the Military logo itself. The jimping styles- blocky top and bottom, no jimping on the bottom choil, fine jimping, Dino-Jimping. And then there's that small addition of the nested partial liner that was introduced on the BG-42 version. There's also that stepped pivot on the BBS S90V Exclusive.

Lots of little things!
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

The Cruwear one is nice too, especially because I got it for $70 at the 2014 Seconds Sale...

Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Cool pictures. Thank you. An original ATS 34 and a BG-42 will be on my looking for list next year.
palonej

Post by palonej »

Or get 2!!!! I did!! Ti Millie and Cruwear!
Awesome workhorses!!!
Attachments
image.jpg
brj

Post by brj »

WireEdge Roger wrote:I think all of the small changes to the Military over the past 19 years have been interesting. Two screw clip to the classic triangle pattern Military clip. The changes to the Military logo itself. The jimping styles- blocky top and bottom, no jimping on the bottom choil, fine jimping, Dino-Jimping. And then there's that small addition of the nested partial liner that was introduced on the BG-42 version. There's also that stepped pivot on the BBS S90V Exclusive.
Lots of little things!
I'll also add here the aluminum backspacer introduced with the Orange sprint run, circa 2009
Archimedes wrote:After studying the site is it completely void of pictures?
Try some of Yablanowitz's pix on here, his Millie and Police collections are quite comprehensive. Mine is below, but I'm far from having all the variants ever made.

Also keep in mind there are quite some Frankenspyders out there (unique aftermarket blade/handle combinations created by the users), one of my regular EDCs is this CF/Ti M390

or this regular S30V with Anso-style G10 custom handle over full Ti liners

Oh, and welcome to discovering the best folder ever made !! :)
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

You guys are such Enablers. :D
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

I do have one Military. It is just a G10 with S30V. I bought it a while back to carry it and then stored it. About a month ago I put it in my pocket and fell in love.

I have owned a few Militarys over the years but never really used them and sold them.

I guess it is just the time in my life for this knife.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Also in the spydiewiki but not in production, the blue anodized fluted Ti Millie and the Left Hand Millie. This is the electrically anodized version. The heat anodized models are all unique in appearance.

K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:
3rdGenRigger wrote:Buy one.

Are we talking about that sweet old Honda? If so I call dibs.

Like **** you do lol, but in all seriousness if you're ever in this neighbourhood I'll let you have a rip (Throw me a line). I'll be no more than 20 yards behind you (No matter how optimistic you are) on my Yamaha Warrior. I've yet to meet anyone who can outpace me on a period similar bike. I grew up riding bikes (Prefer them), but I have good fun with my Warrior and I'll be closer than you'd think possible (I'll have a bike again sooner than later). I need to get a picture of a Spydie with my quad...don''t seem to have any. I need to get on that.

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

The 2000 Spyderco Forum Model was another rare version...
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!