PM2 - Front or Rear pocket?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What pocket do you carry your PM2 in?

Front Right
71%
Front Left
5%
Rear Right
17%
Rear Left
7%

Total votes: 41

mad german

PM2 - Front or Rear pocket?

Post by mad german »

Hello all. I've been carrying the PM2 I recently got and can't decide which way to carry it, front or rear pocket. I have been used to carrying knives in the right rear pocket of my pants for years. However, last night I got another knife as a gift that is set up for tip up right hand only. that knife fits in there perfectly, by the way.

That got me thinking, which is a dangerous thing! I'm wondering if the PM2 would be comfortable to carry in the right front pocket. The new knife has a slimmer profile than the PM2, so reaching into my pocket to get my wallet that I carry in that pocket, isn't a big deal. But the PM2 has a wider profile due to the blade shape, and I'm wondering if it'll be a pain to keep "reaching around the knife" whenever I want to get to my wallet.

So for my informal poll, what pocket do you carry your PM2 in? And what else in that pocket do you typically carry?
My collection is ever changing!
SpyderNut

Re: PM2 - Front or Rear pocket?

Post by SpyderNut »

I voted RRP only because it is fairly uncomfortable for me to carry a larger knife clipped to my RFP when sitting down. :( I also prefer IWB carry on my right side for knives larger than the Endura.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
timlara

Post by timlara »

RFP always for me, as long as it's a fairly slim, tip-up knife. That's also where I carry my keys, so wider knives or tip-down tend to be a problem as either there's not enough room to easily reach around the knife to get into the pocket, or knives with jimping on the thumb ramp + tip-down (like the original PM1) will scrape my hand when reaching into my RFP.

On the other hand, for tip-down, RRP would definitely be the way to go.
D-Roc

Post by D-Roc »

Underwear when im at the gym.
:spyder: MEMBRE DE L'ORDRE INTERNATIONALE SPYDEREDGE :spyder:
swigert

Post by swigert »

FRP for me, I'm thinking about getting another Millie for daily carry in back pocket as the hard user.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I always carry the Para 2 in the right front pocket. My cell phone is in the same pocket, so I reach past the knife many times a day, without any issues. But your pockets may vary.
:bug-red-white
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Usually right front or rear or waist/belt carry and then some other options for different clothes, could be clipped to a pendant around my neck..
I guess the most regular one for me is front right, same pocket as money but not much problems there. (tip down)
hoimin

Post by hoimin »

When I still had one, it would've been RRP w/tip down, making for an easy pull and Spydey-drop deployment.
FDE

Post by FDE »

RFP always. Tip up with the blade against the back seam of the pocket. Also carry my wallet in the same pocket. No problems getting either in or out.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Right rear pocket bc girl pockets are small :(
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
endgame

Post by endgame »

Front right all my edc's are there backup left front
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I thought the answer to this poll was "Yes" :). Depends on the mood, and what else I'm carrying, any pocket will do. Well OK, hard to fit a PM2 into a watch pocket, but front or rear, or carpenter jeans pocket, or cargo pants pocket. I try not to carry anything TOO big in my front pocket, nothing bigger than my Tatanka :).

I'm not left handed, but I have on occasion carried a knife clipped in my left pocket. But normally just a ladybug hawkbill in front left. Just too many good knives to leave a pocket empty :).
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Holland

Post by Holland »

D-Roc wrote:Underwear when im at the gym.
lol! I just about spat my food on my computer
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Always front right,tip up.This way i dont have to remember where my knife is.Rear makes it uncomfortable to sit down,and dificult to draw when you dont have enough space.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I prefer carrying my Spyderco Para Military 2 in my right front pocket (RFP), tip down, for ease of reach and retrieval. For me, the Para Military 2 carries quite well and comfortable in my RFP, and it frees up my rear pockets for my wallet in one and either a Spyderco Delica 4 SE or Spyderco Caly3 SE in the other.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Rfp