Spyderco Tenacious

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JasonC6612

Spyderco Tenacious

Post by JasonC6612 »

Tell me all about this blade! History, facts, etc Anything. Tell me what you like/dislike about it! I just got an Endura I'm thinking of getting the Tenacious. Just sell me on it (or keep me from it). Just be brutally honest about what you like and what you don't!!! Thanks very much!!! :spyder:
ヽ(•‿•)ノ
Holzfaeller

Re: Spyderco Tenacious

Post by Holzfaeller »

There isn't much to not like about the tenacious. The quality is so exceptional for the price that it makes me wonder why I spend so much more on other knives. That being said, it just doesn't call to me. I use it at home but, it seldom gets carried in favor of other Spydercos that feel better in my hand. I don't regret buying it and I doubt that you would either.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

I keep my Resilience even when getting an Endura. The 8Cr takes very sharp edge that I shave with.
Chris :spyder:
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

I have mixed feelings about the Tenacious.I love the ergonomics,the handle shape,and the fact that the cutting edge goes all the way to the handle,without any ricasso or choil.Fit and finish is great.On the down side,the blade is a litlle too broad,the steel is not rust resistent,and i find the knife too heavy when compared to the D4 or the DF2 which can be bought for about 10$ more.
If the Tenacious will came at about 3 oz,with FRN scales,a better steel and no jimping it will be my dream knife.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I like the Tenacious. I routinely carry a Delica 4 and a Dragonfly 2. I seldom need a larger knife but when that is called for, the Tenacious is hard to beat. It is every well made, the quality is outstanding, especially for the price. I don't think you can find another knife in its class, at its price, that is better. I think it compares favorably to a Para Military 2, but at significantly lower cost, and I for one don't worry so much about damage or loss when using the Tenacious as I do with the PM2. My next purchase may be a plain and spyder edged Tenacious (combination blade edge) to replace the PM 2, which I seldom carry any more. For the times when I do need that kind of knife, I can purchase an inexpensive belt sheath, remove the pocket clip and have an outstanding larger knife at less than the cost of a PM 2.

As others have said, you basically can't go wrong with a Tenacious.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

You get a great knife for a decent price if you take the Tenacious.

For my hand the Persistance works a little better, though. I like the cutting edge reaching all back to the handle and if you compare the blade geometry to the Mule Team... Perfect!
The G10 handles feel great, smoother than on PM2 or UKPK,... I like them.
Only downside for me is the lock: I don't like liner locks.

There are better slicers, there are more rust resistant steels, there are more rugged folders and more beautiful knives but as an inexpensive, high quality knife the Tenacious/Persistance are hard to beat!
Due to that lock I rather carry the Manix LW-even though I like G10 better than FRCP. Otherwise the Persistance would be my first rank EDC-and Tenacious close behind.
endgame

Post by endgame »

I just dont like the blade style but you cant beat it for the price.if I were you save a couple bucks and get a pm2 production skip the tenacious cause thats the natural progression in the spudie disease.the tenacious is a large folder if thats what you want get it but the I just cant get to love that blade.