Persian fans

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Persian fans

Post by elena86 »

Are there any Persian fans out there ? I own a small black micarta one and I just realized how cool this knife is.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Large G10 Persion2 fan here. Gave my small P2 to a brother who adores it :) .
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Absolutely love the Persians! :D I only have two (one 79mm in black G-10 and one red G-10 Sprint Run), but they are in my top 10 favorite Spyderco designs. Mr. Ed Schempp is truly a knife-designing genius!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Always wanted one the small one, but never saw one "live" until about 2 months ago. Picked it up and had to buy it. Love it. Not quite Caly and Southard love, but love none the less.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yes, I'm a big Persian (and Ed Schempp) fan!

:bug-red-white
MarcusH

Post by MarcusH »

Same for me, the Persians are one of the best designs ever

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and beautiful knives. The rest I just squandered."
Slightly modified, R.I.P. George Best.
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

The original big Persian is the tightest and best finished Seki folder I have. It's a great knife but with so many other great choices I might not need two.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

They are a beautifull design & a well made knife that I like very much.
The only one that I don't have is the small micarta.
Micarta Persians are a class above the G10.
O.
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

I have been eyeballing a Persian lately, and I feel my wallet shuddering. It may know something I don't...
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I love and carry my original C83 since August 2006. Gold bug became black many years ago. The knife was dropped, dented on several occasions and fixed. It is very good knife with fantastic ergos and very good edge geometry.
I owned several small Persians and tried hard to love them. I carried one on several occasions, but it never clicked. I gave two of them to my son, regrettably he lost both. :( Still have two. They looks good in my display case. :)
For some reason only original C83 made to my top list, but I am looking forward to all new Ed's designs.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

The small black micarta version was my favorite Persian also.
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Love the Persian. I'm more of a fan of the original versions though.
:spyder:
Dan
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

OldSarSwmr wrote:Love the Persian. I'm more of a fan of the original versions though.
Agreed, Dan. Love the bolsters on the original models. Shouldn't it be time for a sprint run of one of these? ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

SpyderNut wrote:Love the bolsters on the original models. Shouldn't it be time for a sprint run of one of these? ;)
+1
c83, Bolsters, original grind, black scales, ZDP 189, Cowry, or SG2. I will be in
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I would love to find a pair of the black Micarta Persians, I'd be in heaven! I have the red one and really dig the curves on it. The black ones are elusive these days though, even for a diehard sniffer like myself.

Landed myself a both a large Persian and a Kris a few months back, two of my ultimate grails, and both were "lost" at the local USPS sorting facility within the space of a month's time... :( . Still waiting for my insurance claim on the Kris and the inspectors report, lame.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Holland

Post by Holland »

I have been on the fence about the little persian for over a year now... I love the design but honestly can't think of when I would use it and I think I would get bored of it eventually.
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

I don't use my Persian that much. The Persian for me I've been reserving for special occasions. I'll add a picture to the thread tho.

~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
bh49

Post by bh49 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote: Landed myself a both a large Persian and a Kris a few months back, two of my ultimate grails, and both were "lost" at the local USPS sorting facility within the space of a month's time... :( . Still waiting for my insurance claim on the Kris and the inspectors report, lame.
Sorry to hear this. Suck big time.

Jason1986

Post by Jason1986 »

Love the Persian!!! pretty awesome...
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

bh49 wrote:Sorry to hear this. Suck big time.
Thank you Roman, and yes, it definitely sucks big time. Still no word from USPS either, glad to know they're covering for the thieves in their midst.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King