2010 Forum Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bluntrauma

2010 Forum Knife

Post by Bluntrauma »

So, with the 2009 forum knife completed and gone what ever will we have to talk about? :spyder:

Does anyone have a list of all the forum knives made for the Spyderco site?

What do you want to see the next one be?
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Bluntrauma wrote:So, with the 2009 forum knife completed and gone what ever will we have to talk about? :spyder:

Does anyone have a list of all the forum knives made for the Spyderco site?

What do you want to see the next one be?
Pictures of all of them, except the 2009 one, plus the ones made for the Spyderco Forum on BladeForums, can be found here. Photo of the 2009 one may get added today if UPS doesn't screw up. :D

As for next year, assuming some of the actions and reactions surrounding this year's have not soured them on the idea, I think, as in the past, the what and how will, and should be, their decision. Me, I'm game for anything from a Forum engraved Persistence to a :spyder: pattern damascus bladed Persian. ;) :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

I think it would be nice to see a Delica forum knife, or maybe a slipit that is legal anywhere spyderheads roam.
catamount

Post by catamount »

I think an FRN Stretch (in some oddball color) would make a great 2010 Forum Knife. PE please, not CE or SE.
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

Is there a tacit rule that says that any forum knife has to be flashy with bright-colored FRN handles and wild graphics? If so I'll pass on the next one as I passed on the 2009 and the USN.
Anyway, my 2009 Forum knife was the S90V Manix, kind of Spyderco's present to me. It does not get any better than that.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Either the new FFG Delica that's coming next year or a slip-it.
srram

Post by srram »

I will also vote for an FRN Stretch. Mine has taken over sole
possession of edc since I got it. I love everything about this knife.
Never thought my Enduras would sit in the roll, but they do
now.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Slipit is a good idea, or a Manix II or Lil' Temp II.

For any of these, I'd like G-10 with an embedded, enlarged Spyder emblem encircled by "Spyderco.com 2010 Forum" in the handle. And I'd prefer the G-10 to be Lil' Temp green.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

LorenzoL wrote:Is there a tacit rule that says that any forum knife has to be flashy with bright-colored FRN handles and wild graphics? If so I'll pass on the next one as I passed on the 2009 and the USN.
Anyway, my 2009 Forum knife was the S90V Manix, kind of Spyderco's present to me. It does not get any better than that.
Nope, first Forum knife was a black G-10 Military. The Vesuvius, in spite of being called burgundy, was a purple so dark it appears black in all but direct sunlight. The last two, the Adventura and Lava, were all stainless. Nothing, I repeat nothing, appeals to everyone and we who frequent this forum seem to be both particularly diverse and extremely narrow in our tastes. There are also those who, for one reason or another, have a very strong opinion of the maximum acceptable price for a Forum knife. I'm (oddly enough, considering how highly opinionated I normally am) one of the few for whom, when it comes to a Forum model, the concept is more important than the vehicle.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

I think that in 2011 there should be a 10-year commemorative issue of the D'Allara, whether that could work as a Forum Knife I do not know...
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

when it comes to a Forum model, the concept is more important than the vehicle.
Exactly my feelings.

But regarding the next forum knife, AFAIK there are plans for an US Penknife "USPK" slipit with FRN scales in the near future, with various other colors than black.

Maybe this knife would be a great choice for a 2010 Forum Knife? It will be inexpensive, modern, FFG(?), legal to carry nearly anywhere, we could settle for a nice color, and the engraving department of Spyderco could do its (great) job like they did on this year's Native. I'd buy one.

Dennis
demtek9

Post by demtek9 »

No non lockers for me... I live in the good ol USA. I think it should be a 10yr aniversary model using the 2000 original's baby brother...the Para Military. I love that perl bug on the handle.
...oh you know why!
JLS

Post by JLS »

If it's ready, I'd like to see a FRN Native 4 or the Lil' Temp 2 as a forum knife in the future. The Lil' Temp 2 is definitely more of an AFI knife and would seem to suit forumites well.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

H1 Assist in some unique color. Something bright!
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing." -- my grandfather
Collector #041
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

demtek9 wrote:No non lockers for me... I live in the good ol USA. I think it should be a 10yr aniversary model using the 2000 original's baby brother...the Para Military. I love that perl bug on the handle.
I would love a Para Forum Knife, maybe with CF scales and S90V blade...
Maybe that's more like a Pipe Dream knife. ;)
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

Well, while we're at it, I'd like to see a blue/aqua bone or a green linen micarta kiwi for the 2010 forum knife. How do you like them apples?
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
TSchloz

Post by TSchloz »

I would prefer a Delica as the base for a forum knife.

Tom
Buffalohump

Post by Buffalohump »

A big plus one on that!
LorenzoL wrote:I would love a Para Forum Knife, maybe with CF scales and S90V blade...
Maybe that's more like a Pipe Dream knife. ;)
Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Perhaps the revival of an out of production one, if possible. I'm thinking of that incredible PE Shabaria design for example...
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

How about a Manix2? It's affordable enough to make a good forum knife. My other thought is maybe a UKPK :) .