Why The Mule ?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Manix Guy 2

Why The Mule ?

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Well the temptation is over , I ordered a Mule Saturday afternoon . Now the reasons ! First I decided since this is a ground floor adventure it would be nice to have a complete collection of a Spyderco product . Second the flexibility of being master of your own destiny with these knives is a nice challenge that I look forward too in the near future . Third I like comparing different steels to help others , having the same design I believe can help this process . Scale design , My little brain went into overtime yesterday , what I am looking at is a dedicated left hand swell to the scales , hopefully in a Micarta , able to move from knife to knife . Sheath will be old school , leather with a firestarter set up . This is going to be FUN ! Regards MG2
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

I think you're going to love 52100 in a Spyderco grind with a high-hardness heat-treatment. I know I am! Great idea on the sheath, too! 52100 can throw sparks on its own when hitting a rock, but a Mule-team spine scraping a ferromag rod would be both more production and not require lots of resharpening.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman