mygg

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
antoine

mygg

Post by antoine »

Do you know this knife :

http://www.69nord.at/

Mygg, it seem to be a very good little knife !!!

Antoine
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hi Antoine!

I only know the Mygg from pictures, but I think it's a neat little knife. Norbert wrote in a German spoken knife forum, that Mygg would translate into "midge", and that's a very fitting name for this knife.

The concept of a one-finger knife was rather strange to me when I first saw it, but after thinking about it for a while I liked the idea.

There were several pictures in the thread on messerforum.net where Norbert introduced the Mygg, but unfortunately they are gone :(

The only thread I could find was this one. Although it's in German, this thread schouldn't be too difficult, there are almost more pics than words :D

If you want to know details of the Mygg, I'd suggest to ask at http://www.messerforum.net. IIRC some of the members have one. Don't hesitate to write in English, that's normally no problem.

Cheers, Rob
antoine

Post by antoine »

Thanks Rob, I go to the site now !

Antoine.
Rob

Post by Rob »

No problem! If you have any problems with handling the forum (German titled buttons and stuff like that ;) ), I'd be happy to help you out. Just let me know!

Cheers, Rob
dialex

Post by dialex »

Super cute little knife, thanks for the heads up :)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
antoine

Post by antoine »

No problem Rob, ich spreche deutsch... a little ! But if I need you, I post a repply,

Antoine
turebrand

Post by turebrand »

Actually "mygg" is plural for "mygga" - which is a small mosquito :)

midge is known as "knott" in swedish and norwegian (pronounced keh-not :D )

/Anders
antoine

Post by antoine »

There is many many many mosquito in Norvège !!! I remember... and so many beautifull things !

Antoine
dialex

Post by dialex »

Wait a minute! Didn't you design a similar knife some time ago (I guess it was named "Pebble" or something)? It had a small stone in the handles.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Rob

Post by Rob »

dialex, I wish I had your memory :D

I found the old thread but the picture is gone. Antoine, could you please post a pic again? As far as I remember your knife had a similar concept, but it wasn't looking the same. I'd be very interested to see it again!

Cheers, Rob
antoine

Post by antoine »

Yes, you remember good ! the peeble is now called the "KOOPKOOP", a little utility knife.
I have the first prototype... see attached file for the original drawing. I have an other prototype, but the knife is not named at this time (japaness style).

We are working on the final model... no date at this time, but it will be quick (I hope). I tell "we" because I'm not the knifemaker... it is... Fred PERRIN ! :D

Antoine.
Attachments
KoopKoop.jpg
KoopKoop.jpg (28.86 KiB) Viewed 2996 times
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thank's Antoine! Also a very interesting concept, but what does "KOOPKOOP" mean (if it has a meaning :D )??? Only the tip seems a little bit too blunt for my taste but on the other hand it becomes very strong if you grind it like that. I hope you'll show us the finished knife ;)

Hans Dipper - a friend of mine from Germany - who is also a hobby-knifemaker, was also inspired by Norbert Leitner's "Mygg". He made this cute little knife:

It also can be seen on his homepage (written in German).

The funny thing is, that all these little knives have something in common but they are different enough to be interesting.

Interesting how different people come up with their own solution for the same problem.

Cheers, Rob
Milu

Post by Milu »

The koopkoop is certainly a very interesting little knife. If Fred Perrin is involved as well the final development should be a wonder. Hope it goes into production. I would love one to keep my hideaways and lagriffes company!
My father always taught me not to trust a man who was not interested in cars, guns and knives.
Senate

Post by Senate »

KoopKoop is a sweet little knife, don't forget to tell me when it's available at Armes Bastilles :)
antoine

Post by antoine »

Thanks ! I post a pic when they are ready !
Rob, this little knife is cute. Thanks for the picture.
Hi, Dialex !

And now, the little japan...

Antoine.
Attachments
koopkoop2.jpg
koopkoop2.jpg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
dialex

Post by dialex »

Wow, this is mean! Thanks for the eye candy Antoine :)