My Trio of Tichbournes

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
CKE

My Trio of Tichbournes

Post by CKE »

The first one I got is in the middle. A nice little hunter and great EDC. It is a Wood Century. 440C as is all his blades I have. Have had it almost a year and it has cleaned trout, made fires and done kitchen duty with flying coulours :)
Second is the bottom one he calls his Small Military. At only 1/8 stock thickness I was a little concerned how tough it would be. Well I got it in the spring a beat on it all summer at camp. Used a baton and spit lots of kindling for fires, cut some poles and just generally abused it all summer. It is handle heavy and great to pounding with the pommel. I opted for the non pointed skull crusher model.
Finally while in To for my operation I stopped in for a visit and saw a little trout knife/neck knife and fell in love. I am going to sharpen that baby up this afternoon. It was his first attempt at Kydex and although he did not think it was very good...I think the kydex is perfect. Holds the knife well and does not print.
So all in all I am very pleased with the handmade knives of George Tichbourne. Mine are all users, but he also has some amazing art knives as well. Take Care!!!
Attachments
IMG_1248.JPG
IMG_1248.JPG (92.2 KiB) Viewed 800 times
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Craig: where does he have the neck knife hidden? Don't see it on his site, how am I supposed to buy one if I don't see em?
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
CKE

Post by CKE »

Patrick>he had that one is his shop on the bottom shelf. I think it is sort of a one of deal. It was 25 bucks so I could not say no. I think he might have even used it a bit. I told him they would sell like hot cakes if he made more. Give him an "e" and see if he will make you one. Great little utility blade, 1/8 thickness so it is quite beefy. The handle is dipped in that plastic liquid stuff. Let me know if I can help more???? Take Care~!!!!
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

how about a pic in the sheath? sized for a tek-lock?
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.