YoJimbo 2 on The Way !

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I love the blade but it's really the handle that makes this knife for me. If I had it my way there would be a whole line of knives with different blade shapes using this same handle. I would LOVE to have a Yojimbo 2 handle with a Manix 2 blade. I don't think I could ask for much more than that other than steel options.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Evil D wrote:I love the blade but it's really the handle that makes this knife for me. If I had it my way there would be a whole line of knives with different blade shapes using this same handle. I would LOVE to have a Yojimbo 2 handle with a Manix 2 blade. I don't think I could ask for much more than that other than steel options.
Agreed! This is the handle the dodo should have had. I can think of all kinds of blades I would enjoy having in the yo 2 handle!
bornagainprimative

Post by bornagainprimative »

TheFactor wrote:Why am I not surprised lol . I have a feeling I will be thanking him for his masterful enabling :D

I think I want one of each lol .
One for each pocket side/hand
Own: C81GPBN2 x 2
Wanted: FB30GP, FB37GGRP, C180GP, C10FPBN x 2, C11FPBN & FB35PBK and a C204MF most of all!
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

bornagainprimative wrote:One for each pocket side/hand
LoL you nailed it ! Great minds think alike :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Surfingringo wrote:Agreed! This is the handle the dodo should have had. I can think of all kinds of blades I would enjoy having in the yo 2 handle!
Yep. This knife ruined 2 things for me. 1) 50/50 choils, which I do still enjoy but prefer a handle like the Yo 2 that has a very strong guard that still leaves your finger somewhat closer to the edge (ala Southard), and 2) thumb ramps of any kind. I carried the Yo 2 and then the Southard for a very long time back to back, and I have a lot of history carrying a Native years ago, so my hand/thumb naturally look for a Filipino grip now. I wouldn't say I dislike thumb ramps, but even the Manix 2 could have less and I would like it more. To me the only real reason to have a thumb ramp is to elevate the thumb hole out of the handle, which makes sense but if I can have both like the Yo 2 has then that's my preference.

All I need now is the S90V Yojimbo 2, a DLC YOJIMBO 2, and perhaps maybe someday a 4 inch blade version. Actually, let me just get all of those variants in one knife and I'd be happy :)
~David
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Ok guys and gals it's been a great day my Endura 4 Super Blue showed up and I must say national knives was great to deal with and had lightning fast shipping with outstanding packaging . I felt like I was opening up a Christmas present they wrapped it so well and that super blue is beautiful ! Anyway back to what I wanted to say before I got side tracked off the topic of this thread .
I just got this beautiful email so stay tuned :p
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Well don't want to head off to bed without keeping my promise .
I recieved a tracking # for my YoJimbo 2 and even better it's on the way !! :D : :D
Now I know this is a safe dealer and I'm sure many may have known of them I just didn't . So now I know and can share the love safely lol . So for those that wanted to have a YoJimbo 2 as bad as me here's your chance becuase there still in stock and these ship fast . I bought it Sunday and it shipped today and is already in transit ! Let me just add I wasn't price shopping so some might find a better deal if you want to wait but I didn't want to wait any longer and was tired of searching and waiting also thought it was fair and payed the price .
So for all my Spydie brothers here's the dealer that has them in stock ....
Bento Box Shop :)
Ned

Post by Ned »

I've got one ON THE WAY! I have wanted this knife ever since I picked up my blue Yojimbo...should be here in 3 to 5 business days!
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Ned wrote:I've got one ON THE WAY! I have wanted this knife ever since I picked up my blue Yojimbo...should be here in 3 to 5 business days!
I got ya beat mine should be here a little sooner :p
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

swigert wrote:BBS has a lot in stock if your willing to pay...
And as I stated I was :D
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Well only one more day not that I'm counting or anything :D
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I had to wait a couple of weeks for mine. I was super amped for it...to the point that my girlfriend advised me that I better lower my expectations. She was afraid the knife wouldn't live up to them and I would be disappointed. My girlfriend was mistaken! ;)
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

I hear that lol I've been looking for a while but it shipped super fast after I found one . Yes I'm pretty amped myself !
Glad to know its lived up to excitement and I have a strong feeling it will be my main EDC but I'll give it a break once in a while ....Maybe lol
FDE

Post by FDE »

Anyone else get a back in stock notification from blade HQ for the Yo2 today? Got the email and immediately went to the site to place my order and before I could get all my info typed they showed out of stock again...
I'm not sure if this was a error on BHQs part or there may be another batch inbound. I don't need one bad enough to pay inflated prices YET.
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Maybe they were just checking to see if you were still interested lol :p
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

come on guys, post your pics :D
Paddy B

Post by Paddy B »

Johnnie1801 wrote:come on guys, post your pics :D
This!
DLC Paramilitary 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V hollow ground, Delica 4 stainless with custom engraving, green frn delica 4 ffg, blue frn delica 4 ffg, orange frn endura 4 ffg, Gayle Bradley
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Hopefully I'll be posting some tonight , looks like my Yo2 is at my local post office ready for delivery :D
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

X 2 I need some more eye candy to hold me over lol .
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

ImageImageImage
~David