Subway vs Blimpie vs Other Submarine Sandwich/Hero/ Sandwich places?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Manchu

Post by Manchu »

phillipsted wrote:For my money, Schlotzsky's can't be beat. They aren't nationwide yet - but they've got the best sandwiches I've ever eaten...

Hear, Hear
Keep Up The Fire!!

:spyder: : Janich/Snody Ronin, Chinook II (2/ea.), Manix (1st gen.), Persian (1st gen), UKPK-G10/orange, UKPK-G10/fg, Southard, Gayle Bradley, Goddard OD Lightweight Sprint Run

**Sent from a remote location using smoke signals.**
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

There's a Subway just across the way from me. Never been there in the 11 years I've lived in this neighborhood. It's attached to the local gas station. So, not a full-blown Subway shop. Though now I'm tempted to try it.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
Mr. Shawn

Post by Mr. Shawn »

I don't know how the other sub shops treat extras, but whenever I go to Subway, I get double to triple extra of all the vegetables/toppings, and I have never been charged extra for them. The sub maker usually finds it difficult to close the sandwich, so I just tell him to leave it open and put it on a tray if I'm dining in. For carryout one time, Scotch tape was used to keep the sandwich paper closed due to the abundance of extras. Bang for the buck! :D
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." - Edith Wharton (American novelist and short-story writer, 1862-1937)
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Locally Penn Station puts our Subway to shame. And like you said, Mom and Pop places or local (not chain) grocery Deli's tend to be great.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Opinions? What do you like best? Blimpie seems to give the largest portions but some Subway sandwiches are nice, like the meatball and cold cut trio.

Though, the local mom and pop places seem to be the best when it comes to dedicated hero sandwiches.

Subway has been my go to since I was a wee little lad.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
GaryC

Post by GaryC »

Subway isn't what is was, I remember back in the day they use to slice the meat, now it's premade like everthing else. But if your're starving it tastes good. Gary
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

GaryC wrote:Subway isn't what is was, I remember back in the day they use to slice the meat, now it's premade like everthing else. But if your're starving it tastes good. Gary
Why do you think they changed this? Easier and more efficient as opposed to hand-slicing it for each sandwich?