blade play

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wanderer

blade play

Post by Wanderer »

Hey guys,
I have a question regarding the blade lock-up on the Endura 4. The blade has slight up and down play when in the locked position. Which screws should I tighten to dispense of this problem? :confused: (is this slight play even normal?)
The Wanderer
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Prov. 27:17
stonetone

Post by stonetone »

The only lockback Spydies I have at this point both exhibit a tiny degree of vertical blade play. I have to apply a good bit of force to get them to do it, but it's definitely there when pressing down hard on a cut.

I've heard some say that this is by design, but I'm sure others who have more experience will chime in. I'm really only concerned that there's no play in the opposite direction.
:spyder: C124GPFG/C101GP2/C11PGRE/
MT04P/C88PBK/C81FGD2P/C90PBK/
C36GPOR/C64JPBG :spyder:
krazichinaman

Post by krazichinaman »

All my lockback Spydies also have some degree of vertical blade play. I think it is just the nature of the beast. None of mine have been affected by the play. :D
________
Black teen
________
Paxil Settlement News
dialex

Post by dialex »

It is normal for lockbacks to have a slight amount of bladeplay. Slight meaning no more than 2 - 3 mm.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.