Hi from Austria!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Woz

Hi from Austria!

Post by Woz »

Hello!
My name is Christian, but some of you might know me better as "Woz", for I use the same nick on EDCForums and German Messerforum.

I´m a knife-nut, but not really a collector, for I use all my knives and do never buy any shelf-queens - by now ;)
I started with kitchen cutlery, but have a nice growing collection of folding knives too, and plan to add some fixed blades sometime :)

I own Fallknivens i really like, Benchmade, CRKT, SOG and many more, but never really liked Spyderco. One day Keno (Cheez) showed me a pink Delica - an I knew I had to buy it :p

Now I own the :spyder :D elica (and EDC it - pink is people friendly), a Tenacious, a Ladybug, a Native, some Byrds and just ordered a :spyder: Persian and a Byrd Raven today. :spyder: Sage and Poliwog are on my "to buy" List, and I really hope for new kitchen Spyders. You see, it´s getting worse...

I have to admit, it´s really hard to stay away from buying Spyderco when you are in touch with Cheez and Peter1960 - so I suppose I´m lost in Spyderville.

Thank you for the information you Guys provide here, You made me buy the Persian - more work for the Spydieguys will follow.

Woz
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

Well, let me be the first to welcome you. You have a sickness like the rest of us. ;) See you around the forum.

p.s. You will love the Sage!
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
spydergeorg

Post by spydergeorg »

I say hello from your neighbourhood, Hungary. Welcome here.
Scorpius SS P
Para-Military P
Para-Military D2 P
Mini Manix 83 mm P
Harpy CF S
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Woz wrote:Hello!
My name is Christian, but some of you might know me better as "Woz", for I use the same nick on EDCForums and German Messerforum.

I´m a knife-nut, but not really a collector, for I use all my knives and do never buy any shelf-queens - by now ;)
I started with kitchen cutlery, but have a nice growing collection of folding knives too, and plan to add some fixed blades sometime :)

I own Fallknivens i really like, Benchmade, CRKT, SOG and many more, but never really liked Spyderco. One day Keno (Cheez) showed me a pink Delica - an I knew I had to buy it :p

Now I own the :spyder :D elica (and EDC it - pink is people friendly), a Tenacious, a Ladybug, a Native, some Byrds and just ordered a :spyder: Persian and a Byrd Raven today. :spyder: Sage and Poliwog are on my "to buy" List, and I really hope for new kitchen Spyders. You see, it´s getting worse...

I have to admit, it´s really hard to stay away from buying Spyderco when you are in touch with Cheez and Peter1960 - so I suppose I´m lost in Spyderville.

Thank you for the information you Guys provide here, You made me buy the Persian - more work for the Spydieguys will follow.

Woz
Welcome to the forums and fasten your safety belt. And enjoy. [CENTER]"The force is strong with this one"[/CENTER]
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Welcome Woz!

You've got some good ones there. Many more excellent Spyders to go :D

You'll love the Sage. It's a great knife and a very good value. Ti Walker version is coming this (2009) year.

You read there is a new Poliwog coming this year?? I can't wait for that one.

If you haven't tried one yet, I'd highly recommend trying a Dodo. My favorite is plain edge - PE - but opinions vary by preference, of course :D . It looks kinda odd but you won't believe the functionality. They are discontinued but still available here and there.

And the Stretch II, though a bit pricey, is an awesome slicer with state of the art materials.

Anyway, kick off your shoes and enjoy your stay.

Ken
玉鋼
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Welcome Woz...enjoy your stay!
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Woz wrote:... I have to admit, it´s really hard to stay away from buying Spyderco when you are in touch with Cheez and Peter1960 - so I suppose I´m lost in Spyderville...
Psssst, not so loud ... others do hear you and I want to stay in contact with them in future without their fear I fix them to spydies :D

My dear friend from the green heart of Austria - a very warm welcome!

PS: Hope to meet you in Vienna on Sunday.
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Welcome to the Forum Christian, Welcome to addiction.
Just relax and enjoy. It sound like there is no way out for your with Peter within driving distance.
Woz wrote: I have to admit, it´s really hard to stay away from buying Spyderco when you are in touch with Cheez and Peter1960 - so I suppose I´m lost in Spyderville.
Woz
It is not hard, it is "Mission Impossible". :)
Regards,
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Welcome aboard. Peter is a great mentor for all things Spyderco, so you live in good company.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Woz,
Welcome to our forums. We hope you enjoy your time with us! And don't worry about being lost in Spyderville, you have lots of company here.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Servus Woz,

It is almost impossible not to be affected by the Spyder venom with Peter so close by :D

Welcome to the forums, and hope your stay is long and fruitful :p
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
wescobts

Post by wescobts »

A warm welcome from cold Western New York, as you a friend turned me on to Spyderco's, and I have a :spyder: EDC, have fun here, very nice people here. Peace
learning it the hard way... :rolleyes:
J D Wijbenga

Post by J D Wijbenga »

Welcome Woz,

Beautiful country you live in!

Yes, Spyderco's are fascinating. To look at and to use.

JD
kukoka

Post by kukoka »

Hi Woz,

Welcome to the forums! Have fun here and be prepared to get more knives through customs than you've originally anticipated... you just can't help it :)

Akos
Senorx

Post by Senorx »

Welcome Woz, you are in the company of like minded folks.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway
Woz

Post by Woz »

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I´ll meet Peter and his Spyders on a knife-show tomorow - I can smell Spyders :cool:

Woz
cheez

Post by cheez »

Welcome ;)

Keno
"I sold my voice to pay for my security. Now I write my sentences on its walls." - Jason Cruz
Cricket Bite

Welcome

Post by Cricket Bite »

What part of Austria. My wife is from Slovenia and I was there for a couple weeks last month. Me likey Europe.. Once the Spyder bug bites you get the fever.
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

A wonderful welcome Woz! :) :D :)

(And to all new members I keep seeming to miss welcoming, BTW)
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

Welcome to addiction bro

Get ready for the massive debts and the verbal lashing by your significant other as well :D

take care eh
aj
Live in every breath

INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE