Scared the Crap out of me

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
whkento

Post by whkento »

Yep, you're absolutely right about the skull not being a rodent. It's definitely a carnivore. Those teeth are all about killing and eating meat. Maybe it's from a weasel, small cat or similar mammal...

Whatever it's from, it sure is an interesting idea to make it into a knife handle. Wouldn't have thought of it myself. :cool:
JBE

Post by JBE »

What a waste of a perfectly good Spyderco.... :rolleyes:
Jason
SoCal Operator

Post by SoCal Operator »

amen74 wrote: I don't think it can get any worse. :rolleyes:
I think this is the same guy that turned an old Spydero Walker lightweight into some bizarre totem pole bird thing.
Ask me where I got my awesome SUPERHAWK!

More like Mid-Cal now

Be Prepared
swingshot

Post by swingshot »

motorep wrote:Well, at least it's functional. Instead of a clip you can just clamp the jaws onto whatever/where ever....
ROFLOL.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha aj,

Bro, that thing, in a weird way, is KILLER!!! Or should I say..."killed"? :confused:
Regardless, it is pretty freaky...in a neat sorta way.

God bless! :)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Agent Starling

boooo!

Post by Agent Starling »

ooooh...I'm so SHOCKED!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :p ...not!!....guess that is the reaction the guy wants...

the cricket is too awesome a knife for that kind of abuse...IMO... :D

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

ingenious!
the once svelte Cricket now has a 3-dimensional "palm filling" handle; the skull doubles as a neat knifestand/ paper weight
in forward grip you can snuggle "the meat" of yer middle finger between the zygomatic bone & maxilla for wicked good purchase :rolleyes:
that nasal cavity looks handy for a lanyard hole or keyring attachment too :rolleyes:
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
Qboy

Thanks for the laugh!

Post by Qboy »

Oh man--I laughed more when I went through this post than I have in quite some time. Thanks--the knife and the posts are hilarious. You have to wonder what kind of person would craft such a thing, as well as what kind of person would buy it--not to mention what they'd do with it. Can you imagine displaying that anywhere?
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

Just edc this one around your neck and SD will take on a whole new meaning...
Morales

Post by Morales »

whkento wrote:Maybe it's from a weasel...
I'd say that it is the skull from a weasel and definitely not from a rat! Take a look at this: http://www.skullsunlimited.com/graphics ... ull-lg.jpg
That seems to be the correct skull, though I'm not an expert in osteology. It kinda makes me wonder why a seller of a custom knife does't know exactly what he's offering. And the Laroche HP is down due to numerous illegal copies of his work...what a strange coincidence! :D
It is useless for sheep to pass resolutions for vegetarianism, as long as the wolves remain of a different opinion. William Ralph Inge
bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

aj1985 wrote:Seriously guys if you could check out one knife this year please make it this one.

look at all the pictures and tell me what you think

aj

p.s this should be in an archive or something as the most unusual spydie ever
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jean-Marc-Laroche-C ... dZViewItem
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder:No that was not a Spyderco :eek: That was a "scareco" :rolleyes: :D Why don't people leave the knife making to perfesionals like Sal....Made right the first time :cool:
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!