Dragonfly vs. Lil' Native

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
benja-man

Re: Dragonfly vs. Lil' Native

Post by benja-man »

benben wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 4:22 pm
I think the mechanical goodness of this design in such a small package is very cool!
IMG_3488.pngIMG_3604.jpeg
Great picture to illustrate you point!
chronovore

Post by chronovore »

cjk wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 4:50 pm
There are a couple Ti dragonfly kits both of which come with washers.
I picked one up but haven't had a chance to set it up. I'll post about it when I do.
kobold

Post by kobold »

cjk wrote:
chronovore wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm
For a tiny three-finger knife, the Dragonfly ergonomics line up a lot better for my hand. So it does end up being my most-carried knife, often as a secondary in a shirt or jacket pocket, etc..

What I'd really like to see is improvements on the Dragonfly LW. The big one is just offering it (especially the Wharncliffe) in premium stainless. Another could be other scale options. I'd been exploring aftermarket scales and the blade running directly against the scale can be less optimal there. I'd be way into a linerless CF Dragonfly on washers (or even caged bearings against steel washers).

Are those kits for FRN and Salt models?
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Flash

Post by Flash »

Been carrying my Lil native in rex45 a lot lately. Cracking knife, brilliant steel. Dare I say I may even prefer it to my beloved Chaparral. :exploding-head

But what happened to the jimping? The jimping fairies no visit this knife, why? Could the boys at Golden please add jimping to the CQI version.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Flash wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 3:13 am
... Dare I say I may even prefer it to my beloved Chaparral. :exploding-head

Heresy... ',:-| ... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
cjk

Post by cjk »

kobold wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 1:44 am
cjk wrote:
chronovore wrote:
For a tiny three-finger knife, the Dragonfly ergonomics line up a lot better for my hand. So it does end up being my most-carried knife, often as a secondary in a shirt or jacket pocket, etc..

What I'd really like to see is improvements on the Dragonfly LW. The big one is just offering it (especially the Wharncliffe) in premium stainless. Another could be other scale options. I'd been exploring aftermarket scales and the blade running directly against the scale can be less optimal there. I'd be way into a linerless CF Dragonfly on washers (or even caged bearings against steel washers).

yes. Flytanium makes one and there's one for sale on ebay. I have both. They both work. The ebay one was designed to be used without washers, but includes them and they do work. The Flytanium one is more expensive and has more parts. They both work.
kobold

Post by kobold »

cjk wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:53 pm
kobold wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 1:44 am
cjk wrote:
chronovore wrote:

yes. Flytanium makes one and there's one for sale on ebay. I have both. They both work. The ebay one was designed to be used without washers, but includes them and they do work. The Flytanium one is more expensive and has more parts. They both work.

Thank you. Interesting.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10