Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Paul Ardbeg

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Check my signature πŸ€—
:bug-red-white 37 Spydies and counting :winking-tongue
:bug-red-white 17 different steels and counting :winking-tongue

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Alrighty! @RyanY you are here out to be possibly known as #0053?
Any #0053 's out there?

And if anyone happens to come across a copy of the member's list they could forward to me, my assistant will be forever grateful. Just need to find an assistant.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
RyanY

Post by RyanY »

JSumm wrote: ↑
Wed May 15, 2024 4:28 am
RyanY wrote: ↑
Tue May 14, 2024 6:27 pm
Just a few spydies hiding in the drawer. Can I join the noble order? 🧦 πŸ”ͺ IMG_7483.jpeg
Well welcome @RyanY or should I call you Ryan?? I am about 92.4% sure that you will be member #0052. Though I am sad to report that I believe I have been hacked by my old archnemesis at the Under Drawer Club. I believe it was him since all my money or lack thereof is still in place. All my tax documents are in order, so it was not the government trying to confuse me any more than I am already confused when clicking buttons into TurboTax and constantly clicking the "?" to try to figure out what the heck they are asking me and if I please get to keep just some of my money. No, no it was my archnemesis because the only file missing is the MNOSD Member List!! I'll get you Greg!!!

Anyways, sorry RyanY or Ryan. Ry? You shall henceforth be Member #0052?

I'll get back to typing up the 697 page manual that is also missing. It may be next year before you receive that in the mail.
Jeff, thank you! And yes my name is Ryan so that works!
-Ryan
MNOSD member #00053
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Thu May 16, 2024 4:19 pm
Tue May 14, 2024 6:27 pm
Just a few spydies hiding in the drawer. Can I join the noble order? 🧦 πŸ”ͺ IMG_7483.jpeg
Well welcome @RyanY or should I call you Ryan?? I am about 92.4% sure that you will be member #0052. Though I am sad to report that I believe I have been hacked by my old archnemesis at the Under Drawer Club. I believe it was him since all my money or lack thereof is still in place. All my tax documents are in order, so it was not the government trying to confuse me any more than I am already confused when clicking buttons into TurboTax and constantly clicking the "?" to try to figure out what the heck they are asking me and if I please get to keep just some of my money. No, no it was my archnemesis because the only file missing is the MNOSD Member List!! I'll get you Greg!!!

Anyways, sorry RyanY or Ryan. Ry? You shall henceforth be Member #0052?

I'll get back to typing up the 697 page manual that is also missing. It may be next year before you receive that in the mail.
Jeff, thank you! And yes my name is Ryan so that works!

Ryan it is! This time, I am about 94.8% sure you will be #0053? I'll need to recreate the sheet that was stolen(possibly accidentally deleted), but we will get this sorted out. Our MNOSD team is hard at work getting us back from the hack/goof up.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

I have been hacked by my old archnemesis at the Under Drawer Club.

When I first heard of this "Sock Drawer" group, I thought it was a bunch of foot fetishists. But now you're telling me that among you are a sub-culture of underwear thieves? Sick! How does one join up? And suppose someone does want to join up, are our identities kept confidential, or could we end up like those fools over at Ashley Madison? Can we pick our own number, or are we stuck with whatever the bean counters assign us?

Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Welcome to the nuthouse, Ryan 0053!
RustyIron wrote: ↑
Thu May 16, 2024 8:11 pm
When I first heard of this "Sock Drawer" group, I thought it was a bunch of foot fetishists. But now you're telling me that among you are a sub-culture of underwear thieves? Sick! How does one join up? And suppose someone does want to join up, are our identities kept confidential, or could we end up like those fools over at Ashley Madison? Can we pick our own number, or are we stuck with whatever the bean counters assign us?

Rusty, by merely posting in this thread you are automatically recruited (impressment, actually) into the Nobility...as soon as 0005 sees your post, that is. Welcome! 0005 is notorious for taking bribes to give you a number that you want. Just remember his opening price (usually in the thousands) is just a negotiation ploy...word on the street is that he'll give you a custom number for the price of a frosted donut.

I'm not certain how you discovered that some of us are foot fetishists and underwear thieves. 0005 keeps a separate column in his spreadsheet to track that, and hopefully he hasn't been publicly posting ALL the information he collects on members. I don't know whether 0005 has been sharing the MNOSD roster with Ashley Madison or not, perhaps he'll chime in. If someone offered him a donut in exchange for the roster, he probably did.

Welcome, you'll fit right in.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Your application has been accepted! I would get the manual printed and in the mail to you immediately, but apparently someone got a little too zealous cleaning up my Google Drive. Either that or I was targeted by a hacker that specifically went for my member list. Unclear at the moment, but I have notified the authorities. Based on their in depth questions that lasted almost 2 minutes, I am sure they are hot on this case and all will be resolved.

So welcome member #0054?

We will get these question marks removed once the ad in the newspaper runs for a week requesting any previous claims or paternity claims.
I think that's how it works.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Fri May 17, 2024 3:09 am

Your application has been accepted! I would get the manual printed and in the mail to you immediately, but apparently someone got a little too zealous cleaning up my Google Drive. Either that or I was targeted by a hacker that specifically went for my member list. Unclear at the moment, but I have notified the authorities. Based on their in depth questions that lasted almost 2 minutes, I am sure they are hot on this case and all will be resolved.

So welcome member #0054?

We will get these question marks removed once the ad in the newspaper runs for a week requesting any previous claims or paternity claims.
Hopefully background checks did not reveal anything nefarious concerning the last two new members . We must strive to store knives in the correct drawers ! 0002
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote: ↑
Fri May 17, 2024 5:22 am

So welcome member #0054?

Hopefully background checks did not reveal anything nefarious concerning the last two new members . We must strive to store knives in the correct drawers ! 0002
Are we supposed to me doing background checks?
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Fri May 17, 2024 5:09 pm
Fri May 17, 2024 5:22 am

So welcome member #0054?

Are we supposed to me doing background checks?
Ha ha ha ! You already have a full plate . 0003 would be a perfect candidate for any detective work needed to weed out trouble makers . 0002
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

🧐 background checks you say. 🀫 I never worked for any alphabet companies. I promise.
MRj β€œWeak things break!”
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Mrj wrote: ↑
Fri May 17, 2024 7:16 pm
🧐 background checks you say. 🀫 I never worked for any alphabet companies. I promise.
So you say ! We will keep an eye on you Mr. Shenanigans. We run a tight ship around here :rofl ! 0002
Henry David Thoreau
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

So welcome member #0054?

Yes, please. This is perfect, as it just happens to be the size of Rosie O'Donnell's undergarments. How "fitting." And even if she tells you otherwise, I can assure you those paternity tests will come back negative.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 pm
Ha ha ha ! You already have a full plate . 0003 would be a perfect candidate for any detective work needed to weed out trouble makers . 0002

I accept zis shallange!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189