Vantablack Spydercos

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Thorien

Re: Vantablack Spydercos

Post by Thorien »

Bill1170 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:32 pm
Thorien wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:01 pm
Can you imagine a polished edge
on a blade that dark. I know it won't happen due to functionality but it sure would look awesome !
When the Cheshire Cat smiles and the whole cat becomes invisible except for the smile. That’s your polished edge, the cat’s smile all by itself.

Ha ! Exactly :-)
Toucan

Post by Toucan »

kerrcobra wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:18 pm
I’d like to see Spyderco use Black 4.0 - if it’s really as fragile as vantablack is, perhaps it could be used as a base color with a clear polycarbonate or resin coating…or gorilla glass or whatever Apple put in their older flagship iPhones that was durable enough to be the entire back side of the phone.
That would likely defeat the purpose of any ultra dark black. There would be a glossy or at least somewhat reflective coating on a material that is only special for its low reflectance.
kriezek

Post by kriezek »

I LOVE black-coated blades with black scales. And ya'll have me salivating over these blacker than black coatings.

So, in Rod Sterling's voice - Imagine, if you will, a black hole, a Spydie hole, a hole for opening your blacker than black Spyderco knife called BtB aka The Black Hole. No one sees your knife, only the hole. Is it a shadow? Only the shadow knows.

The mods on Reddit's r/knifeswap would have some serious problems. LOL
Top 5 6 - Stretch, Delica 4, Mantra 3, Smock, PM2, Techno 2
Vamais

Post by Vamais »

Black on Black smooth G10 Native and Lil' Native (in Cruwear) are still available from Knifecenter, and they're pretty black.
-AHAB
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Black is for ninjas and emo kids.
I want some Ventared, Vantablue, and Vantaorange.