UKPK in Magnacut - arrival estimates

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jcarter23

UKPK in Magnacut - arrival estimates

Post by jcarter23 »

Hey guys! When do you think the UKPK in Magnacut will be released?

I have one preordered from knifecenter and am champing at the bit to get my hands on one. I did see on the new product release that Spyderco is planning on making the para 3, pm2, Manix, and native in the new steel. Do you think these models be pushing the release of the UKPK back at all?

I have an LC200n version as my edc. I rit dyed the handle a darker OD green and have been loving it. I tried to rotate in a PM2 and it just didn't hit the same spot. I can't wait to get one that I won't feel the need to touch up as often.
aicolainen

Re: UKPK in Magnacut - arrival estimates

Post by aicolainen »

I’m enjoying the same waiting game. Don’t think anyone knows.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Sit back and enjoy the ride . The Reveal is just that , there is no formula when they will be released. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

I'm going to say with some confidence, by 2025. But I was wrong about the N5 Salt.... and yes I'm joking.... Well mostly sort of. The Magnacut models seem to be taking longer, based on a sample size of 1 of course.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

The Magnacut UKPK is unique in the sense that it wasn't revealed in a formal Reveal catalog. It just showed up in the 2023 Annual Product Guide. So technically there is no known estimated time frame for release of this one.

There was too much impatience when new products were announced via the Annual Product Guide and Midyear catalog. The Reveal catalogs were created as a way of announcing products during a timeframe that is supposed to closer align with their actual availability.

The estimated timeframe for products featured in Reveal Catalogs was originally within 90-120 days from reveal. There has been a number of delays over the years but for the most part, the reveals have been relatively consistent.

If I had to guess when the Magnacut UKPK will be available, I would guess “soon.” :bug-red
- Nick :bug-red
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Jcarter,

Welcome to our forum.

Once a model is put into the queue, it rarely changes places with any other models. Once the run is complete,it goes to QC, packaging and release to customers.

The factory has been behind due to the slow construction of the expansion, so most models have been waiting to get into the queue.

sal
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

sal wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:32 pm
Once a model is put into the queue, it rarely changes places with any other models.

sal

I guess these 3 UKPK models which were announced quite a while ago in a Reveal or Product Guide never made it into the production queue:

1. UK Penknife Salt LC200N SpyderEdge Green FRN C94SGR (USA) - Reveal 10 (June 1, 2022)
  2. UK PenKnife Salt CPM-MagnaCut PlainEdge Yellow FRN C94PYL (USA) - 2023 Product Guide (January 6, 2023)
  3. UK PenKnife Salt CPM-MagnaCut SpyderEdge Yellow FRN C94SYL (USA) - 2023 Product Guide: (January 6, 2023)

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I'm waiting on this knife, myself. I'm being patient, though, because I also want a SPY27 version.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

UK PenKnife CPM-SPY27 Blue FRN was delivered to US dealers in early August 2023. It was announced in Reveal 13 on May 25, 2023.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
jcarter23

Post by jcarter23 »

sal wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:32 pm
Hi Jcarter,

Welcome to our forum.

Once a model is put into the queue, it rarely changes places with any other models. Once the run is complete,it goes to QC, packaging and release to customers.

The factory has been behind due to the slow construction of the expansion, so most models have been waiting to get into the queue.

sal
Thanks Sal. I promise I'm trying to be patient!
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

Reviving this thread to ask if the UK Penknife in Magnacut would be released in the next 3 months?

If Sal would be kind enough to drop in...

Going to UK in October, would love to carry that one
UkSpydie

Post by UkSpydie »

pantagana23 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 4:01 am
Reviving this thread to ask if the UK Penknife in Magnacut would be released in the next 3 months?

If Sal would be kind enough to drop in...

Going to UK in October, would love to carry that one
Well they’re waiting for their new facility/expansion to be built and so once we have an update on that, we should have an update on the magnacut ukpk(which I’m so so so ready for!).

From google maps, the main building seems to be up and so it’s probably the insides that need fitting. No way will it be anywhere near 3 months time.

Enjoy your trip over to us in October! So much to see and do all across the county, and the UKPK in any variant you can get is a great choice
UKPK every day
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

RamZar wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:59 pm
UK PenKnife CPM-SPY27 Blue FRN was delivered to US dealers in early August 2023. It was announced in Reveal 13 on May 25, 2023.
Wasn't there a g10 version shown by Eric in one of his trade show interviews?
- Richard
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

riclaw wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 12:58 pm
RamZar wrote:
I believe the SPY27/G-10 UKPK was "advance revealed" in the interview with DLT Trading from this year's SHOT Show.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

weeping minora wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:29 am
riclaw wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 12:58 pm
RamZar wrote:
I believe the SPY27/G-10 UKPK was "advance revealed" in the interview with DLT Trading from this year's SHOT Show.
Thanks. I'll wait. :) The leaf shape SPY27/cobalt blue G10 UKPK will pair beautifully with the HH drop point UKPK.
- Richard