America's Knife Glut...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Murphy Slaw

America's Knife Glut...

Post by Murphy Slaw »

I went to an indoor "flea market" type place the other day. Many venders, they have booth type areas. My wife looks for old Corelle, books and such. My eyes are peeled for knives and musical gear.

This place was packed with 15/20/30 dollar junk China knives. There were thousands of them amongst the many vendors. Not an American knife in the whole place.

It later occurred to me, this is probably the case all over the country, if not the whole world.

I really can't think of another industry with the flood of cheap competitive products as the knife business. Not to mention counterfeit stuff. It's really overwhelming.
SG89

Re: America's Knife Glut...

Post by SG89 »

I would say clothing is just as bad if not worse. Also toys.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

The mantra, you get what you pay for is mostly true. I do not shop at Walmart that often, but I suppose they have good/bad items on the shelves like anyone.

I bought a very thin hot weather, Summer men's dress shirt made in Vietnam from Walmart and it did not even make it through it's first washing. I tried to return it to get a replacement and did not have the time...they would not give me a refund without a receipt. I think I've been to Walmart 3x in my life and after that I never went back.

Cheap knives are like anything cheap. You get what you pay for.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Murphy Slaw

Post by Murphy Slaw »

SG89 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:16 am
Also toys.
This is sadly true.
Murphy Slaw

Post by Murphy Slaw »

Naperville wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:48 pm
The mantra, you get what you pay for is mostly true. I do not shop at Walmart that often,
I think I read somewhere that Walmart was the reason for the Schrade debacle.