Buying in the UK

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FiestaRed

Buying in the UK

Post by FiestaRed »

I'd like to buy either a UKPK or Delica 4 but looking at the wide price differences for both knives got me a little worried. I guess quality like Spyderco is often faked and I'd rather not get caught out when buying if at all possible.

Are there any signs I should look for, dealers with poor reputations? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
The evening sun touched gently on the eyes of Lucy Jordan.....
On the rooftop where she climbed when all the laughter grew to loud.
Michael Janich

Re: Buying in the UK

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear FiestaRed:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

FiestaRed wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:32 pm
I'd like to buy either a UKPK or Delica 4 but looking at the wide price differences for both knives got me a little worried. I guess quality like Spyderco is often faked and I'd rather not get caught out when buying if at all possible.

Are there any signs I should look for, dealers with poor reputations? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
The guys at www.heinnie.com are brilliant. They know their stuff and dispatch super quickly. Prices are generally competitive compared to other UK retailers. Their exclusive UKPK (red G-10) is also beautifully executed
elena86

Post by elena86 »

FiestaRed wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:32 pm

Your best bet is Heinnie Heines. They are awesome guys and they deliver very fast and safe.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Yes, i would rather pay a little more like heinnie heines and be certain you get the real deal, especially on popular models.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Farmer wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:00 am
The guys at www.heinnie.com are brilliant. They know their stuff and dispatch super quickly. Prices are generally competitive compared to other UK retailers. Their exclusive UKPK (red G-10) is also beautifully executed
Seconded. In fact their current HH special UKPK is an absolute bargain, same price as the ordinary models but you get the G10 scales and a more solid construction, and a better steel. I have their original special with the leaf blade, but I much prefer the drop point.

Am I allowed to link ..
https://heinnie.com/spyderco-uk-penknif ... e-edition/
---------
Tony S