Enuff XL

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Enuff XL

Post by Doc Dan »

Spyderco and their famous typos. I know a good editor... ;)
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

VooDooChild wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:22 pm
So I just got an enuff salt. On my inital impressions I dont quite like how the top of the handle interacts with this one spot on my palm.

So I hope the enuff xl handle is different, but looking at them, I am pretty sure its the same handle.

I will just have to learn to adjust my grip on these I guess.
Is it something that can be contoured with files, sandpaper, etc.?
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:16 am
VooDooChild wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:22 pm
So I just got an enuff salt. On my inital impressions I dont quite like how the top of the handle interacts with this one spot on my palm.

So I hope the enuff xl handle is different, but looking at them, I am pretty sure its the same handle.

I will just have to learn to adjust my grip on these I guess.
Is it something that can be contoured with files, sandpaper, etc.?
I dont think so. It just feels like the handle isnt tall enough for my liking given its overall dimensions.

Its not a big deal. Its one of those things I will probably adjust to after some use.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Hey, All:

I just checked the master tech specs sheet I maintain again. Based on the one prototype I've seen, the Enuff 2's handle thickness is .50 in. (12.7mm). The standard Enuffs are .54 in. (13.7mm). As far as I can tell, the scales and handle profile are exactly the same as the original Enuffs, so blade stock that is 1mm thinner yields a handle that is 1mm thinner.

The weight of the Enuff 2 is 3.4 ounces, versus 3.8, 3.9, or 4.0, depending upon the blade shape of the originals.

Again, all this is based on the the prototype I've handles, which had true, injection-molded scales and a polymer sheath molded off tooling.

Stay safe,

Mike
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Thank you, sir! Much appreciated.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Really like the idea of a thinner and longer Enuff but do think 10cm/4" is too much.
(or too little, would've also liked it in 4mm and about 110-120mm bladelength)
Prefer a good EDC too not be so chubby as the OG Enuff but do really like the fact that it finally was a 'neck knife'/ edc blade that did have a decent size handle. I believe a small blade can be very usefull as long as you can actually control it well with a good handle.
Will likely buy an Enuff 2 along the way, actually just did a 2 week hiking trip through S-Portugal along the coast where this might've been a good option if I would've gone for a single blade.
(was carrying a Rokka knives Korpisoturi as a more solid bushcrafter and an edc I just finished (86mm blade, 2mm O1) to try out, which ended up doing at least 90% of the work but also rusted quite hard neck carrying in warm weather hiking with 20kilos on my back)
Basically, would love to see a 80-90mm Enuff at 3mm thick but might now be too close to this one, I'll keep dreaming.
(or maybe just keep making my own edc's but next time make them in stainless for a trip like this ;)
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Joris Mo wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:27 am
Really like the idea of a thinner and longer Enuff but do think 10cm/4" is too much.
(or too little, would've also liked it in 4mm and about 110-120mm bladelength)
Prefer a good EDC too not be so chubby as the OG Enuff but do really like the fact that it finally was a 'neck knife'/ edc blade that did have a decent size handle. I believe a small blade can be very usefull as long as you can actually control it well with a good handle.
Will likely buy an Enuff 2 along the way, actually just did a 2 week hiking trip through S-Portugal along the coast where this might've been a good option if I would've gone for a single blade.
(was carrying a Rokka knives Korpisoturi as a more solid bushcrafter and an edc I just finished (86mm blade, 2mm O1) to try out, which ended up doing at least 90% of the work but also rusted quite hard neck carrying in warm weather hiking with 20kilos on my back) :hot-face
Basically, would love to see a 80-90mm Enuff at 3mm thick but might now be too close to this one, I'll keep dreaming.
(or maybe just keep making my own edc's but next time make them in stainless for a trip like this ;) )