Police research

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
yablanowitz

Re: Police research

Post by yablanowitz »

sal wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:35 pm
Great shots Jack,

Thanx much.

sal
As a photographer I make a pretty good plumber, but thanks for the kind words.
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Well done, Yab, and thank you for the vivid knowledge lesson! :)
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
mrdavidkolds

Post by mrdavidkolds »

Awesome. I have an old police second and the little necklace titanium. A guy at the Rocky Mountain Blade Collectors years ago had one of those and filled the Spyderco logo with gold.
Higher

Post by Higher »

I brought up this old Yablanovich topic in order to collect as much information as possible on this model.
Spyderco Police is my first Spyderco knife. Now this is the main direction in my collection. I am trying to collect as much information as possible. I have currently researched the entire forum on this knife. Information from Sal, Yablanovich, Vivi, JD Spydo and other forum members (it's impossible to list them all here) helps me a lot.
Thanks to everyone who helps us with this.
I am grateful to the author for his support and photos.

yablanowitz wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:38 pm
...I don't think I'll ever determine just how many variations of Police Model there really are.
Yablanovich, we will do it. There is a long road ahead, but we will go through it.
I use translator most of the time.

There was a link to the old Spyderco catalogs.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Inadvertant post, sorry.
Manifestgtr

Post by Manifestgtr »

It’s cool to know that the police model is exactly as old as I am. I LOVE my k390 p4
Crucarta: Shaman (x2), Manix 2, Lil Native, Delica, GB2 & PM2
Notable: 52100 and Cruwear Millie. “15v-arta” Shaman. REC Manix. K-carta Endura, P4, Dragonfly and Delica.
Favorites: Shaman, Sage 5 lightweight, Sheeps Caribbean, Manix, Endela and all things Stretch
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

My partner at work got his full SE Police when he graduated from the Academy in 1999. It's his EDC and still looks great. It's on my must have list of knives. This is such a cool thread!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

A little nerco bump to ask if anyone has any idea how many of the "Flying Eagle" Police Models Gary Blanchard did?
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Hi Police Model experts, While going through my accumulation of Spydies from over the years. I found 2 police models that I don't see any information on. Any help would be appreciated.
1. I have a red boxed C07GP with "FLAT" in marker on the box. It has no blade marking for "Police Model", ATS-55, single liner, straight clip PE. I read through this post and did not see this variation. Not sure if it's unique.
2. I have a 1993/4 C07S engraved for Solder of Fortune convention. I can't find any info on this one either. The pkg I have includes a letter and 2 plastic police trainers. Sorry for the picture quality.
Thanks for any help you can be.
Regards
Chris
Attachments
image8.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image6.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image8-1.jpeg
image7.jpeg
image1.jpeg
Be Excellent to each other.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Sal has said there has been some debate over the years about having "POLICE" on the blade, so some runs have been done without it. Aside from that, it's a match for a pair of SE G-10s I have. I doubt it's unique, but it is possible. I've seen a lot of them, but I can't pretend I've seen every one.

As for the SOF Convention, maybe Michael Janich can tell whether that marking is factory or aftermarket. Spyderco has done a lot of custom engraving over the years.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I'd love to have that SOF version!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

boxer93 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:25 am
Hi Police Model experts, While going through my accumulation of Spydies from over the years. I found 2 police models that I don't see any information on. Any help would be appreciated.
1. I have a red boxed C07GP with "FLAT" in marker on the box. It has no blade marking for "Police Model", ATS-55, single liner, straight clip PE. I read through this post and did not see this variation. Not sure if it's unique.
2. I have a 1993/4 C07S engraved for Solder of Fortune convention. I can't find any info on this one either. The pkg I have includes a letter and 2 plastic police trainers. Sorry for the picture quality.
Thanks for any help you can be.
Regards
Chris
Hey, Chris:

It looks like you ended up with the knife Bob Taylor auctioned off on this forum back in 2010: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42165&p=557436&hili ... 94#p557436

Stay safe,

Mike
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Mike, I couldn't remember which charity. I thought it may had been for Denver Children's Hospital. That thread helps. Thanks all for the info.
Be Excellent to each other.