Any hope for a Leaf Storm sprint run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rtal

Any hope for a Leaf Storm sprint run

Post by Rtal »

Hi,
As the happy owner of a second hand Leaf Storm, I would really like to see it make a comeback. I also have a Techno and while the fit and finish of the Techno wins, the Leaf Storm is a better slicer due to slightly thinner blade stock, a better piercer, thinner in the pocket, and sees more carry time. Yes, there are some issues with the Leaf Storm (strange clip position addressed by an aftermarket clip, and the pointy sharpened beard fixed with a file).
I see the Techno 2 coming out and in many ways it seems to be morphing into a cross between the Techno and the Leaf Storm, which to me is great. By that I am referring to the Techno 2 using a slightly thinner blade stock, having a better point for piercing, and being lighter. I like all of this and have a preorder in for the Techno 2. Still, I love the Leaf Storm and would be at the front of the line for a new run.
Just my two cents and a vote for another run.
Try to out love, out serve and out forgive.
My EDC rotation: Urban Elmax, Lil Native backlock, FRN Chaparral
Johnnie1801

Re: Any hope for a Leaf Storm sprint run

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Kevin Wilkins has now made a Leafstorm 2 that addresses some of the problems with the original, maybe Spyderco and Mr Wilkins can get together and make that version instead?
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

I prefer both my C22 Walker in CF and my Technos to the Leafstorm. It is a nice knife, but I never really got along with it. Still think it is in its box somewhere
Rtal

Post by Rtal »

I very much like the C22 Walker and would be another exciting sprint run. I freely admit my favorites are little big knives, which include the Leaf Storm, Techno, and to a degree, the Lil Native and the C22. The Leaf Storm is special because it was the first (I believe) to use titanium handles, frame lock, and, as a bonus, made in Golden.
Try to out love, out serve and out forgive.
My EDC rotation: Urban Elmax, Lil Native backlock, FRN Chaparral
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

I'd be all over it