What Did you Get Yourself for Christmas?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
senorsquare

Re: What Did you Get Yourself for Christmas?

Post by senorsquare »

I got myself a CF/Ti S90V Millie from KW. Mighty fine combo.
BravoTango

Post by BravoTango »

M2 BHQ Jade\M4.
:spyder: Ben,

The North Remembers.

Has (Always in flux): Shaman, Chef, Techno, M390 Para 3, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 M4. Manix 2 XL, Blue Weave Domino, CF Chaparral, Vtoku2 Endura 4, D-Fly Salt Hawk SE.[/s].

Wants: Manix 2 XL CPM-M4 or 4V, Compression Lock, Tip-up Military, Yojimbo 2 XL.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

I'm looking hard at the new Seki City sprint runs, especially the Endura. I haven't placed a pre-order however.
attila

Post by attila »

December 22nd of 2016 I ordered a Caly 3, and it arrived this December 22nd, just in time for Christmas 2017!
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

DigDug72 wrote: Hey Jazz is this a production model now, or did you get a prototype from Sal???
I wish. No, I have this ZDP Dfly with a weird negative (downward) blade angle on it. Not like normal Dflies. It has always bugged me. It struck me to wharnify it. It only looks good on my freak knife with the downward blade - on a normal one, the end result would angle up too much and not look good. Worked out great. Now I really like it. Opened presents, packages, and cut up a pear. Works great, and it's a good steel. Ten times more useful than the Hawkfly. I'd love it if Sal made these.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Jazz wrote:
DigDug72 wrote: Hey Jazz is this a production model now, or did you get a prototype from Sal???
I wish. No, I have this ZDP Dfly with a weird negative (downward) blade angle on it. Not like normal Dflies. It has always bugged me. It struck me to wharnify it. It only looks good on my freak knife with the downward blade - on a normal one, the end result would angle up too much and not look good. Worked out great. Now I really like it. Opened presents, packages, and cut up a pear. Works great, and it's a good steel. Ten times more useful than the Hawkfly. I'd love it if Sal made these.
I'd definitely be up for a Wharncliffe Dragonfly!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Whitetail addict

Post by Whitetail addict »

Got a caly 3 hap40, gec 78 smooth whitebone in 2 and single blade.
@martial_logan on the instagram.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

benben wrote:
murphjd25 wrote:No spydies for me this year. Got a nice gun belt though!
What belt did you buy? I was just thinking today about ordering me another, my Beltman is either 8 or 9 years old! Absolutely great product!
I got the Hanks one off Amazon. Made by Amish and supposedly is guaranteed for 100 years. Wore it today with my Crossbreed Mini tuck and did a very nice job. Amazing what an actual good “gun belt” will do instead of cheap fake leather belts. Fit very well too, feels very tough.
Josh
Paul88

Post by Paul88 »

I've been buying myself Christmas presents all year lol. I started collecting knives in February of this past year and now have well over 100! And I love sharpening mine and my co workers or friends with my KME and I just started getting into free hand which I love. I askes my sister to get me a spyderco uf 8x3 and I got it! Very happy. The only problem is I get laid off in the winter and my way too expensive knife hobby has to come to a pause...but at least I can play with all the knives I bought over the year still. I love it! My most recent buy was a spyderco domino. I put a little sharpening choil in it with my kme serration sharpener and after went to clean up the little pointy part that it put towards the finger choil with my new rotary tool and accidentally kissed the edge with the 1/4 inch sanding tube. I was mortified. Thought I ruined it but just went with the flow and plunged the sanding tube in until I got above my original choil and it actually looks so.sick! Only took away about 3/16th of an inch of edge away and I think it looks so cool. May do it to all my knives :) Or find something a tad smaller and do it with my rotary tool instead of the serration sharpener. Hope you all had a great Christmas!
eddiebob

Post by eddiebob »

Paramilitary 2 with M390 and a Paramilitary 2 with S110V.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Lil native
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
DigDug72

Post by DigDug72 »

Jazz wrote: I wish. No, I have this ZDP Dfly with a weird negative (downward) blade angle on it. Not like normal Dflies. It has always bugged me. It struck me to wharnify it. It only looks good on my freak knife with the downward blade - on a normal one, the end result would angle up too much and not look good. Worked out great. Now I really like it. Opened presents, packages, and cut up a pear. Works great, and it's a good steel. Ten times more useful than the Hawkfly. I'd love it if Sal made these.
Cool, thanks for the scoop. That sounds like a knife that needs to become a production reality.
Caustic Dick

Post by Caustic Dick »

Manix 2.
Don't get bit by your Spyderco........
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Shaman
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

SpyDK - what a great little knife.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

mrtodd777 wrote:and a replacement df hawkbill. A goat ate my last one. No lie.

that must've been a really tough digestion :D
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

I just ordered my first Endura 4 and Native 5. Amazing Boxing Day deals. Canada’s version of Black Friday. Both under $70US each!

Endura 4 (orange FRN/G-10) and a fully serrated S35VN FRN Native 5. That should be my last knife purchase for a while as I received 2 Salts and a SS Meadowlark for Christmas.
ejcr98

Post by ejcr98 »

Lil’ Native. Very happy! Looking forward to sprints (Sage 5-like CF and LC200N).
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

I rounded up a Manix 2 XL Moonglow on the bay for an unbelievable deal. Couldn't pass it up after having to sell one a few months ago. Only knife in my collection with a deep carry clip.

https://i.imgur.com/KnPnGLe.jpg
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Background: Many years ago, I was a dealer and was introduced to the Endura model. I have decided to change my EDC knife to the fully serrated Endura model. Accordingly, I picked up a few used Enduras and sharpened them within a minute or two each. :rolleyes: This is how you do it without spending hours.

I have a cheap Harbor Freight belt sander. The revolving sandpaper has two edges. I run each serration on the edge of the moving sandpaper. :)