Hi Everybody! Hi Dr. Nick!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Springy

Hi Everybody! Hi Dr. Nick!

Post by Springy »

Hi folks, Springy here.

Just thought I'd come over to your house and see what's happening. I'm a regular over in the Becker sub on BF. I love me some Beckers.

So what, praytell, am I doing wandering over in this neck of the woods? Well. A while back, I thinked "Springy, you should get a folder".
"That's a good idea Springy, what have you got in mind?"
"Well Springy I do love the look of those sexy little Spydies, let's have a squiz".

Scroll, click, submit. Bought. And here they are..

Sooo. Before I tell you what I purchased, let's hear a few guesses as to what's in the boxes. And yes, there are actually three delicious little Spydies in them. No, there are no prizes for guessing correctly. Sorry. I'll let this run for a few posts then reveal my bounty. Ok. Signing off now before this ends up TL;DR..
My names Springy. But you lot can call me Springy :spyder:
swigert

Re: Hi Everybody! Hi Dr. Nick!

Post by swigert »

Delica and PM2

Don't follow the Byrd line at all. Not even enough to guess.

Welcome!!!!
funghiman

Post by funghiman »

Welcome! (Which means no clue to track down at all LOL)
That bubble bag unveiled on the left indicates it's a Seki Spydie, and I'll bet on Stretch (Dragonfly box will be smaller than this).
Middle one, nah, no idea at all. No repetition, assuming that's from Golden, I'll go with Manix 2. (Really hard, could be from China, Taiwan, or even Italy)
Byrd, Cara Cara 2 Titanium? I've totally lost my directions. Could also be a Raven 2 or Crow 2 though, but to be fair just count the Ti Cara please. (Come on someone bid on the latter two 'cause they do worth a purchase)
:spyder: Para2 XHP  :spyder: Para2 S110V  :spyder: Para2 S35VN  :spyder: Para2 CF S90V
:spyder: Manix2 LW S110V  :spyder: Manix2 Exclusive  :spyder: Dodo Sprint
:spyder: UK Penknife Safety Orange  :spyder:UK Penknife Rescue Orange
:spyder: Perrin PPT  :spyder: Perrin PPT Sprint  :spyder: Positron  :spyder: Positron S35VN
:spyder: Slysz Bowie  :spyder: Ferid K2  :spyder: Sage5  :spyder: Sprig
:spyder: Junior  :spyder: R Nishijin  :spyder: Rock Lobster  :spyder: Urban Wharncliffe
funghiman

Post by funghiman »

funghiman wrote:That bubble bag unveiled on the left indicates it's a Seki Spydie
No I was wrong, that pattern of bubbles are exclusive to Taichung Spydies. So it could be ....... much more.
I'll replace my bid on a Chaparral instead. (Well, that's still a lock back isn't it? ;) )
:spyder: Para2 XHP  :spyder: Para2 S110V  :spyder: Para2 S35VN  :spyder: Para2 CF S90V
:spyder: Manix2 LW S110V  :spyder: Manix2 Exclusive  :spyder: Dodo Sprint
:spyder: UK Penknife Safety Orange  :spyder:UK Penknife Rescue Orange
:spyder: Perrin PPT  :spyder: Perrin PPT Sprint  :spyder: Positron  :spyder: Positron S35VN
:spyder: Slysz Bowie  :spyder: Ferid K2  :spyder: Sage5  :spyder: Sprig
:spyder: Junior  :spyder: R Nishijin  :spyder: Rock Lobster  :spyder: Urban Wharncliffe
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Springy,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
maliboy67

Post by maliboy67 »

I'm not going to guess on all 3 but maybe there is a PM2 in one of the boxes?
Welcome to the forum.

Randy
skers95

Post by skers95 »

Thinking the Byrd box is a Cara Cara 2.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome aboard, Springy. Glad to have you here. :)

I'll guess the boxes contain the following knives:

PM2
HAP-40 Delica
Raven
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

funghiman wrote:Welcome! (Which means no clue to track down at all LOL)
That bubble bag unveiled on the left indicates it's a Seki Spydie, and I'll bet on Stretch (Dragonfly box will be smaller than this).
Middle one, nah, no idea at all. No repetition, assuming that's from Golden, I'll go with Manix 2. (Really hard, could be from China, Taiwan, or even Italy)
Byrd, Cara Cara 2 Titanium? I've totally lost my directions. Could also be a Raven 2 or Crow 2 though, but to be fair just count the Ti Cara please. (Come on someone bid on the latter two 'cause they do worth a purchase)
Where do you see the bubble packaging? I must be missing something?
Springy

Post by Springy »

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Very appreciated. I can see that I'll have a great time over by your campfire.

So what did I buy? Firstly, great guesses everyone. Believe me, a few of those guesses had me saying "heck yeah, I WISH that was one of 'em!".

So we have a Pacific Salt, an orange Endura and a Cara Cara 2 Ti (nice work Funghiman!). Probably not as exciting as some of you were hoping but I am STOKED on these knives! I love 'em. Fit and finish is just extraordinary and man they're sharp. Can't wait to get out and use these guys..

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to read my thread, I'm going to enjoy it here..
My names Springy. But you lot can call me Springy :spyder:
skers95

Post by skers95 »

Had the Cara Cara 2 part right but missed the Ti! Love the orange Enduras and Delicas. I'm new here as well but welcome.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Welcome!

Almost the same here: Cara Cara 2 FRN, Endura HAP40 (orange) & Pac Salt Black handle PE.
Chris :spyder:
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Welcome to the forum Springy and skers95! That's a pretty exciting collection to most all of us here Springy, trust me :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King