How do you store??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpeedHoles

Re: How do you store??

Post by SpeedHoles »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I keep most of my knives in my closet inside the containers seen below. Each drawer is lined with some of the padded foam that ships with the knife from Spyderco. I just cut them to size. They seem to store just fine that way. Both of these cases were bought from Home Depot for about 20-30 bucks each.

Happen to have any better photos of that larger organizer on the left? Can you fit a Military in one of the bins?
Going back to Caly.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

remnar wrote: I agree, there is nothing wrong with topics being revisited and when this happens there is nothing wrong with pointing others to old information on the topic. :) :spyder:
+1
agree. This certainly helpful.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Spyderco case hanging in my gun safe.

I need to buy more Spydies.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

SpeedHoles wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:I keep most of my knives in my closet inside the containers seen below. Each drawer is lined with some of the padded foam that ships with the knife from Spyderco. I just cut them to size. They seem to store just fine that way. Both of these cases were bought from Home Depot for about 20-30 bucks each.

Happen to have any better photos of that larger organizer on the left? Can you fit a Military in one of the bins?
I don't own a military anymore but I'm pretty sure it did fit. The only knife I know for certain that I have that doesn't fit is the Szabo folder. Obviously the solution to that problem is for Spyderco to make a smaller Szabo :)

I don't have anymore photos of that case, but I'll try to get you some. I've slowed down posting photos ever since Flickr has stopped allowing me to copy/paste bbcode.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
average-Joe

Post by average-Joe »

Ohhh I like the aluminum box idea. I sell military surplus and I can get some pretty unique boxes. Maybe a old wood ammo box would be cool.
Ruarch

Post by Ruarch »

I have a Spydiepac hanging unrolled on a door from one of those towel hangers. Looks nice except the top row is covered by the flap, which is ok. I just put my less 'pretty' knives there.
Bacon. Sometimes beer, but mostly bacon. I like Spydercos.
SpyderNation member #0621

Recently acquired: M390 PM2

On deck: KW Ti Military Exclusive, Slysz Bowie, S90V/CPM154 Manix 2, RN Chap

WRU SHAMAN!
endgame

Post by endgame »

I bought 1000 silicone moisture pack you no that little plastic packet that comes in stuff.I live by the ocean and it is moist and salty hear.I oil the blades and hardware.a good oil renaissance oil.then put two silicone packets and place in a oak chest.the packets turn colour when need to be changed.this works great never had anyrust on blades I do this with.some oils are not good to store with they have other liguids that can cause rust
boyleged

Post by boyleged »

I hope this worked. It is my first time uploading a picture but I bought plastic stands from Amazon and an LED light to show off most of my collection

Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I used to use a sock drawer but upgraded to a Spydiepack which I love.

You folks have some SERIOUS storage solutions. Big kudos :eek: :spyder: :D
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have like 50 knives all just tossed in a drawer. They are mostly sprints, exclusives, limited runs and discontinued models too. :p
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I keep mine in a cheap gun safe I put shelves in.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

endgame wrote:I bought 1000 silicone moisture pack you no that little plastic packet that comes in stuff.I live by the ocean and it is moist and salty hear.I oil the blades and hardware.a good oil renaissance oil.then put two silicone packets and place in a oak chest.the packets turn colour when need to be changed.this works great never had anyrust on blades I do this with.some oils are not good to store with they have other liguids that can cause rust
Yeah, I have a bunch of those silicone packs in my drawers, just in case.

Blerv wrote:I used to use a sock drawer but upgraded to a Spydiepack which I love.

That's where I am at; laying them in a sock drawer. But now overflowing into the third drawer and on top of a cabinet (starting to get sick of looking for places to store my socks!) I need to search out some better options. Lol...
Going back to Caly.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

SpeedHoles wrote:
That's where I am at; laying them in a sock drawer. But now overflowing into the third drawer and on top of a cabinet (starting to get sick of looking for places to store my socks!) I need to search out some better options. Lol...
The nice thing about the Spydiepack is being able to sling it over your shoulder and run out the door. It's certainly not the most elegant solution but if my apartment was on fire I would be content starting "fresh" with my wife, cat, and my pocket knives. :)
average-Joe

Post by average-Joe »

@boyleged pic looks cool bud-
boyleged

Post by boyleged »

average-Joe wrote:@boyleged pic looks cool bud-
Thanks, surprisingly the wife was on board with me taking over a shelf in the bookcase
adam569

Post by adam569 »

I keep mine in there boxes stacked in my gun safe. I try to keep the paper work in my special Spydie folder so I don't misplace them. Im fortunate to have gotten a good deal on a cannon safe with 2 kids and us traveling alot it makes me worry a lot less I keep everything from guns knives to important papers and my cordless tools.
Recent purchases: orange dragonfly 2, CS exclusive paramilitary2, black g10 large chinese lum :spyder:
Wish list: Manix 2 cruwear, navaja, SB delica and SB Caly 3.5 :spyder:
Top 3 edc : s110v paramilitary2 , orange vg10 dragonfly, and Cruwear military :spyder:
average-Joe

Post by average-Joe »

I ended up buying a cheap zippered knife case for now. I only have about 15 knives or so. But I'm happy with each of them.
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

I have a very small collection. I have a small plastic shoe box with my rarest knives, 25th Anni Delicas, Walker, Jess horns, ATR Ti's and such. I have my Lil Temps in a Bills case with some other user Spydercos. 10 years ago I probably had 100 pus Spydercos but don't want the massive collection anymore, just the best of the rarest and some users. The rest of my Spydercos are in packs or bags ready to be used.

I will continue to seek out super rare Spyders at good prices.
average-Joe

Post by average-Joe »

A few years back we decided to simplify massively. From owning 3 homes, luxury cars, massive luxury watch collection to now living off the electric grid, using only solar, old cars.... Our super tiny home needs (smaller then some peoples bedrooms) efficient use of space. So I really needed something to store them in.
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Bills case. With knives on top of it. I really like these cases.
Attachments
IMG_3479.jpg