Schempp Bowie Just dropped!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
v8r

Re: Schempp Bowie Just dropped!

Post by v8r »

Jazz wrote:If it wasn't a liner lock, I'd buy one and grind the top guard right off.
I agree Jazz. I am not the biggest fan of liner locks myself. I think a back lock would have been maybe more fitting for this knife, but I like everything else.
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Rarely do I order a knife immediately when it is released if it is not a sprint. This time I made an exception. Deep carry wire clip, smooth non pocket shredding cf scales, interesting blade shape, it checks so many boxes I just had to order it immediately. Whoever gets their hands on one first, please post in the wild pics!
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Good to hear the knife is shipping, I can't wait to get my hands on one!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I started to become conditioned to $300 street/$500 MSRP being the norm for higher end Taiwan Spydies this past year so I was shocked when I stumbled upon the Schempp Bowie on CS yesterday. Thought it was a typo at first.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Man I am so impatient when it comes to :spyder:'s, I have one of pre-order from GPK but couldn't resist getting one headed my way immediately so just ordered another from KW's.....cant wait to get me hands on this one :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
MCM

Post by MCM »

ohcyclist wrote:KW has them up now at a very impressive price during their sale.
Have one in the mail. This one was a long time coming.
Good job Ed!
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Well that was a pleasant surprise! I have been anticipating this knife for a long time. I'm contemplating putting desert ironwood scales on it.

Dan
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

OldSarSwmr wrote:Well that was a pleasant surprise! I have been anticipating this knife for a long time. I'm contemplating putting desert ironwood scales on it.

Dan
Oh man, I bet that would look great Dan, especially with the brass bolster, cant wait to see the pictures when you do it.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Mallus

Post by Mallus »

Even if it's a liner lock, I'd still like to get one! The looks and thin blade stock are too alluring to resist. :)

The top guard looks like an interesting challenge ergonomically; wonder how it'll feel when choked up in hammer grip? Usually I've liked Ed's designs even if the sharp corner on top of the hole in Schempp Rock mystifies me.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

After seeing the image in the 2015 catalog, I'm definitely interested in trying it. Now, the question is, will I like it more than the Navaja? Only time will tell.
- SpyderMan -

Post by - SpyderMan - »

I'll definitely have to give the Schempp Bowie a closer look.
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Has anyone received their order yet. Mine will not arrive till Saturday.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Got mine today. Really nice but the liners' edges are very crisp (sharp) I like that the brass bolsters come wrapped to prevent oxidation prematurely.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

right on Roger, I should be getting mine in the next day or two, love to see some pictures when you get a chance.

ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Great to hear that there are people getting these. Are the liners so crisp/sharp you felt the need to immediately soften the edges?
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Yes, mine is very sharp.
swigert

Post by swigert »

We need in the wid pics!!,
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

swigert wrote:We need in the wid pics!!,
Yup!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Well my Bowie just arrived and it looks beautiful but I have two major concerns. The detent is non-existent and the lock is at 100% when the knife is open. If I collected just for looks I would not be concerned at all but given I was plannig on this being my large size edc I am worried.

How is detent and lock up on examples other folks have purchased?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

We really need to see some pictures here guys, lets see what you got.... :)