Thread: The Factory Outlet Store

The Factory Outlet Store

I saw the pictures that the Big Blonde posted on his tour of the FOS...what is the purpose of the FOS...do you call or email in orders? Are there deals to be had or is everything at MSRP? Can you only purchase there if you visit? In advance...thanks for answers, JS

Spyderco Forum Registered User Civilian's Avatar
    It is here on this same website hit home at the top then catalog then knives at the bottom . Full MSRP with some "closeout"deals from time to time.
    MAT TER
    Just-American
    WTC#1511
    "Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
    "Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose

Spyderco Forum Registered User Native Justice's Avatar
    I live close to the FOS and have purchased many of my knives there. Have not purchased one at full retail. All knives seem to be discounted heavily (maybe not to the NGK level) but for me, enough to outweigh shipping charges and the impulse buy need ...

Spyderco Forum Registered User catamount's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Native Justice
    I live close to the FOS and have purchased many of my knives there. Have not purchased one at full retail. All knives seem to be discounted heavily (maybe not to the NGK level) but for me, enough to outweigh shipping charges and the impulse buy need ...
    I think the prices at the actual store are different than the ones online. Online they sell at MSRP (with the exception of disontinued items) because they do not want to compete with dealers.
    Tom

http://spydercovt.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sequimite View Post
    I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
    Junior avatar courtesy of dialex

Spyderco Forum Registered User mikewww's Avatar
    Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa, Earth
    Generally, it seems to be referred to as the SFO (Spyderco Factory Outlet). Their prices are much higher than, say, NGK. But at least you CAN obtain things from them. I feel their International shipping cost is a bit too high at a flat rate of $30-00. I once ordered a baseball cap only, and pressed GO before I saw the shipping charge ! Luckily I was able to cancel that order ! This was before I discovered NGK and other online stores.

Mike

Spyderco Forum Registered User hornshwangler's Avatar
    The FOS is a great place to go and the staff there is very helpful and friendly. I live about 50 miles from the store and happened to be traveling to Boulder for some business for a few weeks. One day, on my way back home, I spotted the Spyderco sign and decided to stop in for a look. At that time, I owned NO spyderco knives and had probably less than 10 total knives in my meager collection, these include knives made by Gene Ingram, BM, and my first knife a very old Paul. Anyway, I spent probably over an hour in the store and handled many knives that day. I was hooked and purchased my first spyderco knive that day (a poliwog) and as my visits to the store grew so did my collection of s. You can usually expect a 20% discount off msrp but there are specials run throught the year. During the recent stock show, if you spent over a certain amount in the store you received a free SS knife. I picked up one of the last two discontinued Impalas in the store for $60 and some change. Yes, you can find cheaper prices at other online stores and I've purchased s from these places too but the FOS is a great place to visit and chat with some really nice folks about the knives.

Dan

Spyderco Forum Registered User cougar337's Avatar
    Where is the SFO now? I went down to where it was in Wheat Ridge off of Youngsfield to look though the store and it was gone....It's been a while since I had stopped by so I'm sure it moved somewhere better.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar337
    Where is the SFO now? I went down to where it was in Wheat Ridge off of Youngsfield to look though the store and it was gone....It's been a while since I had stopped by so I'm sure it moved somewhere better.
    cougar337,
    SFO is now in the same building as our headquarters. 820 Spyderco Way, just off of highway 93, just north of Golden proper. And yes, it's much better, stop by some time.

Kristi
    There is nothing more important than this one day.