Any cat lovers?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Paul Ardbeg

Re: Any cat lovers?

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:59 am
There is something about a sleeping cat picture that makes a cat look so sweet yet we know they are recharging to make mischief. :smlling-eyes Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:51 am
Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:59 am
There is something about a sleeping cat picture that makes a cat look so sweet yet we know they are recharging to make mischief. :smlling-eyes Dan
Exactly 😂 This little rascal already destroyed my wife's favorit plant. 4 months old now.
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

We keep our indoor plants in a back room to keep,Patch out . He likes to chew on leaves and never know later where he will get sick . Come Spring some will,go outside and others will be in spots where he can’t get to them .
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I have to introduce Ablette to you guys ! She's an almost 7 years old cat I found abandonned in a cardboard box near my village. They had put 5 kittens there with some powdered milk, as if they were gonna open the lid and wait for rain... They were less than a day old for sakes, eyes still shut.

She's extremely happy to have me as her mother, because that's what rescuing her got me, a gender swap :squinting-tongue

Here at one week old :

Sleeping well :

She then grew into a tyrant, which will always aim for the jugular (well, the hand's jugular) :

Adept of surprise attacks :

But she knows how to stay classy :

Last one is a message from her, she knows you're watching :
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hahhaa, great pictures Robin!! I gotta say, I love those Reebok Pumps in the background of that first photo!! I'd love to still have a pair of those!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Great pictures Robin 😂 So sad when people leave animals like that. Great that you saved her!

MNOSD member #0052

standy99

Post by standy99 »

Pokey wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:50 am
I’m owned by these two.
So true, So true…. :winking-tongue

Cats like to own things…and remind them also…
Last edited by standy99 on Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Love your Cat pics Robin ! Patch was rescued out of a feral litter by youngest daughter and we ended up taking him in . He is a talker , which the CEO gets riled about his behavior. Funny thing is who opens front door so light warms his bed ? He likes to pretend he is a dog always sitting by me at night and if not napping follows me everywhere, and I mean everywhere ! 😂
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Ahah ! I used to be able to close doors at home, not since Ablette came to rule the place :fearful-face
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
kennbr34

Post by kennbr34 »

2002WRX wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:10 pm
My little companions.

Ha, my little tuxedo sleeps on her brother like that too
IMG_20210720_014049024~2.jpg
My favorite pic of all of them
IMG_20200526_014410453~2.jpg
My boy Patch (the all black one) just had a stroke/seizure recently 😔 He survived but they don't really know what caused it or exactly what happened. They're all 14 years old, though, so I'm kind of having to come to terms that their time left with me is dwindling.

I make sure to spend lots of time being their bed
IMG_20220318_111258319~2.jpg
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Gunner and Zoe as babies....

A few years later and they still run the house and still enjoy their technology time. They've asked for cell phones but we haven't gone there yet

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
2002WRX

Post by 2002WRX »

kennbr34 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:49 am
2002WRX wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:10 pm
My little companions.

Ha, my little tuxedo sleeps on her brother like that too
IMG_20210720_014049024~2.jpg

My favorite pic of all of them
IMG_20200526_014410453~2.jpg

My boy Patch (the all black one) just had a stroke/seizure recently 😔 He survived but they don't really know what caused it or exactly what happened. They're all 14 years old, though, so I'm kind of having to come to terms that their time left with me is dwindling.

I make sure to spend lots of time being their bed
IMG_20220318_111258319~2.jpg
Definitely, spend as much time with them as possible. My Azu (gray Russian Blue / Korat mix) died suddenly at two years old while play with Linna (all black one).
Normal is a setting on the dryer.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

DeeDee is taking her turn watching over the sick boy.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
CrustyOtter

Post by CrustyOtter »

All such beautiful cats.
About 3 years ago we had this adorable little girl show up when we were out on the porch. She immediately hopped in my lap and let me, all of us pet her for hours. We started feeding her and a few days later, she disappeared again. The following year, she did the same thing: came in, ate, let us pet her and disappeared after about a week. Last Fall she came back and stayed. This time, we bought her an outdoor house, beds, blankets, toys.l, etc. She'd curl up inside my coat and scarf. We bought her inside when it started getting cold. Then she started putting on weight - a LOT of weight. Yep, pregnant. We took her to the vet about 3 weeks ago for a check up. Vet confirmed she was pregnant (two kittens on the x-ray). We took her back for a two week follow-up, he said she was probably due by March 10, possibly a few days earlier. THE NEXT MORNING, as I'm getting up and getting dressed to go get my coffee I heard a wail...
Attachments
37587.jpeg
Jack
Arachnophobic Spyderco fan
Palestrina

Post by Palestrina »

Snoopy greets you all from Austria :)
Attachments
Snoopy.JPG
First Spyderco, March 2024 - Lil' Native Back Lock C230MGPB

My User Name does not refer to a middle eastern region, but to an Italian composer of the most beautiful masses you'll ever hear. Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, go check him out.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageDo Do guardian of granddaughter’s bedroom . No Pugs allowed ! 😂 Dan
Henry David Thoreau
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Cats sure are cute but their bad habits and behavior out weigh that for me. Unlike dogs they don't offer anything but demanding behavior and bad smells. Dogs on the other hand will work for the common good of the family pack and if their needs are met and they have a good pack leader (owner) they will continue to learn and get smarter and easier to live with as they age .

A well treated dog will do everything it can for the family while a cat will wait for you to fold the clean laundry and begin rolling in it then jump up on the dinner table right after getting out of the litter box and unlike dogs no amount of correction can deter it's bad habits. I've had over 40 years of cats in the house and will never let another one back in.
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

The Mastiff wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:03 am
Cats sure are cute but their bad habits and behavior out weigh that for me. Unlike dogs they don't offer anything but demanding behavior and bad smells. Dogs on the other hand will work for the common good of the family pack and if their needs are met and they have a good pack leader (owner) they will continue to learn and get smarter and easier to live with as they age .

A well treated dog will do everything it can for the family while a cat will wait for you to fold the clean laundry and begin rolling in it then jump up on the dinner table right after getting out of the litter box and unlike dogs no amount of correction can deter it's bad habits. I've had over 40 years of cats in the house and will never let another one back in.
That's the beauty of cats, they have a mind of their own. Mine will come to me to cuddle. Cats are also very hygienic so where does the smell come from? Besides the litterbox of course 😉 I love dogs but the smell of them especially when wet 🤢

MNOSD member #0052