Red & Black Holiday Sale!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gimibala

Re: Red & Black Holiday Sale!

Post by gimibala »

dsm wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:04 am
The site is working great! A bit disappointed in the selection, was hoping for some Salts or K390.
I agree! me too I was looking for a Salt.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Smooth no issues, got a Mystery Box for $250 containing at least 2 knives one guaranteed to be an elite Spirit Run. The combined value of all items in the box will equal or exceed the price of the box. Hope so because the 15v Shamans were $105 in store so that would be $145 for another second non spirit knife. Last sale the $250 box had at least 3 knives for reference.

I probably should have gotten the $400 box but that was a lot of money for 2 or more unknown knives but probably awesome.

Both boxes are sold out now, very happy I got one.

Huge thank you to Spyderco, beyond excited to have this opportunity.

I wonder if they will add more knives as the day goes on, would have loved to pick up a lil native. Hope everyone got what they wanted, good luck with the boxes.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Rob001

Post by Rob001 »

Site worked great! Wish there had been some salts there though :(.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

First off all. Thank you Spyderco for the first time ever i was able to get on the Sale! So great job!
Sadly enough i was a bit to late as i had an important phone call for a few minutes and it seems as there is nothing left within 15 minuts so wow what a succes it seems! :grin-sweat
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

Hope a Paysan found its way into my premium box 🤞
Xayaza

Post by Xayaza »

The site works great! I like how everyone is staring at the Siren(s) that are still on sale after everything else has been picked lol; didn't see anything I had to have this time (just bought 3 spydies anywho, my wallet is happy).
Catchadroppimgknife

Post by Catchadroppimgknife »

well I got one this time! A back up Ayooob.

It was much - much smoother this time and I hope they continue this as it was great for us that cant run out to Colorado and camp for their inhouse sale :winking-tongue

Nice alternative to the last online - great improvement! But I too was hoping for more items

Thank you Spyderco this was CQI !!

Last edited by Catchadroppimgknife on Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
MASTODONFW16

Post by MASTODONFW16 »

I think that they just didn't have much after recent offline sale..
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:14 am
Smooth no issues, got a Mystery Box for $250 containing at least 2 knives one guaranteed to be an elite Spirit Run. The combined value of all items in the box will equal or exceed the price of the box. Hope so because the 15v Shamans were $105 in store so that would be $145 for another second non spirit knife. Last sale the $250 box had at least 3 knives for reference.

It sounds like you're talking yourself into your purchase, post-sale. Don't worry, whatever you get, you can decide to want. That's the great thing about humans!!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
northmanscall

Post by northmanscall »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:13 am
Almost entirely sold out in about 10 mins! This years feedback is going to be rough! :grin-squint
Drinking Game:
Everytime someone had their "worst customer experience ever" you drink a shot.
:bug-red Stefan :bug-red
Rusty_Shackelford

Post by Rusty_Shackelford »

The website worked so smoothly this time! Nothing I couldn’t live without, but it was so much easier to browse this time. Thanks, Spyderco Team, for all the work to make this happen.
Catchadroppimgknife

Post by Catchadroppimgknife »

Perhaps their in-person seconds sale sold more than we thought ! Cleaned them out .. you rats! :smirk
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

Any idea how they price seconds? Seems weird the Maxamet and S110v manix 2s have a higher msrp than the Siren but are cheaper as seconds.
ninemm

Post by ninemm »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:14 am

I probably should have gotten the $400 box but that was a lot of money for 2 or more unknown knives but probably awesome.

Both boxes are sold out now, very happy I got one.

Huge thank you to Spyderco, beyond excited to have this opportunity.

I wonder if they will add more knives as the day goes on, would have loved to pick up a lil native. Hope everyone got what they wanted, good luck with the boxes.
Had the same thought regarding the $400 mystery box. Ah well $250 was plenty to spend! Curious to see just like you if more drops happen throughout the day.
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Got a mystery box before they went OOS This was a epic success for the Spyderco crew!
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
aimark42

Post by aimark42 »

Hope my 250 mystery box has something cool. Thanks Spyderco for doing this.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

ramblinwreck wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:16 am
Hope a Paysan found its way into my premium box 🤞
That would be cool but I wouldn't hold your breath

Were there Paysans &/or Drunkens in the mystery boxes for the last sale?

I have a Paysan second from the first online sale. Only knife I was looking for today was a Drunken. Maybe a Magnacut Salt too. Didn't get either and that's ok
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
infinkc

Post by infinkc »

Thanks Spyderco for doing this, nothing grabbed my interest, but looking forward to see what everyone got in their Mystery Boxes.
dullmaker

Post by dullmaker »

Smooth! Worked great! I got a siren and a lil native all I was able to get as I moved too slow! Not familiar with it. Was there a design flaw with the siren that I missed?
Seems no one wanted it.
A great job Spyderco!
Bruce
dullmaker

Post by dullmaker »

Think anything will be added, or the fat lady has sung?