Spyderco Black Friday Map Holiday Sales 2023!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mrj

Re: Spyderco Black Friday Map Holiday Sales 2023!

Post by Mrj »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:17 pm
I spent too much at the real seconds sale to get excited about this online version but I’d be lying if I said it doesn’t pique my interest just a little. I most likely won’t be buying anything from this online version but I almost feel obligated to check it out. We’ll see… I have bad impulse control, so who knows! :grin-squint
Was there screw constructed manix LW at seconds sale?
MRj “Weak things break!”
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Mrj wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:32 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:17 pm
I spent too much at the real seconds sale to get excited about this online version but I’d be lying if I said it doesn’t pique my interest just a little. I most likely won’t be buying anything from this online version but I almost feel obligated to check it out. We’ll see… I have bad impulse control, so who knows! :grin-squint
Was there screw constructed manix LW at seconds sale?
Oddly enough, I didn't pick up a single Manix 2 LW at the sale this year. There were plenty of them at the sale, I just had no interest. If I had to guess, I would say yes they did have screw construction Manix 2 LW’s but I’m honestly not sure.
-Nick :bug-red
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

I didn't "go crazy", but was looking for a few. Also, there were a couple of deals that were "just to good to say no to".
What I was looking for: PE K390 Police 4 LW, PE K390 Endura 4 and, a Resilience (was looking for a "smoking deal" on S35VN) - but a Resilience either way. I got a black on black Resilience 8Cr, and am very much looking forward to getting it in hand and trying it out.
I didn't find the deals on the P4 LW or E4 in K390 PE.

What I got because the deals were "to good to say no to" was: the PE CPM-M4 Endura 4, and a Sharpmaker.

So three items all together, which aint too bad.

I've modded the Endura handle and spine to my liking, and put my own 300 grit edge on it. Holy Smokes this M4 is VERY Impressive! I wish I would've got two, now that I've had this one in hand and been using for five days only now... Very, Very Impressive! Thank you Spyderco and Blade HQ. I may just pay the non-black-friday week price for a second one.

That said, if a PE P4 LW in K390 pops up on sale - it's a goner 'casue I'm gonna grab it, lol. I have the VG-10 one, and have been using it off/on since last summer... I like that knife quite a lot.

u.w.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I saw PE K390 P4's for $125 but can't remember where.
:unicorn
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

dang, that is a deal I would jump on for sure. I'm gonna guess that was "Black Friday" week deal(s), and now no longer available.
Just in case though, If you remember where, and If it's still there...

u.w.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Around $167 … BFD (Black Friday Deal)!
Attachments
Enuff.jpg
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

So Smoky Mountain Knife Works just refunded me all my Black Friday discount preorders. I don’t know the reason but they may have just lost a customer.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Spyderco help!!! The SMKW people say their orders for crucarta mil2 and manix xl were canceled by Spyderco and they aren’t getting any to sell. What happened? Or are they backing out of their obligation to sell at discounted price? Anyone else preorder from smkw on Black Friday and get a refund?
MRj “Weak things break!”
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Mrj wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:06 pm
So Smoky Mountain Knife Works just refunded me all my Black Friday discount preorders. I don’t know the reason but they may have just lost a customer.

Sorry to hear that Mrj. That's a low blow! They've successfully eliminated any chance you had of ordering with another dealer at last year's prices. Rotten move!
•• Beau
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

Mrj wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:23 pm
Spyderco help!!! The SMKW people say their orders for crucarta mil2 and manix xl were canceled by Spyderco and they aren’t getting any to sell. What happened? Or are they backing out of their obligation to sell at discounted price? Anyone else preorder from smkw on Black Friday and get a refund?
I have not been refunded yet. These are not sprints so I find it hard to believe that they are not going to be carrying any of the new Crucarta models nor the PM2 SALTs at any time in the future. Otherwise, keep the orders open and fulfill them in the order they were placed.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

They say the preorder was a mistake. Should have said backorder smh. They said they were closing all the orders out.
MRj “Weak things break!”
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

Your previous post stated that they said they are not getting any to sell? Are they changing their story?

And now it’s a mistake which they were fine to charge the full amount of the orders and then take over 2 months to decide to cancel and refund? I bet these are close to being released and now they’ve decided to back out of all the “mistakes”. Shady at best.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Mrj wrote:
The SMKW people say their orders for crucarta mil2 and manix xl were canceled by Spyderco and they aren’t getting any to sell.
Mrj wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:13 pm
They say the preorder was a mistake. Should have said backorder smh. They said they were closing all the orders out.

Saying Spyderco cancelled SMKW’s order and they’re not getting of any of those knives to sell just doesn’t sound right!

Their mistake or not, they’re still obligated to fulfill those preorders at those preorder prices. Also, charging for preorders before they’re about to be shipped is another strike against them. I don’t get it.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

So the original person I talked to said they weren’t getting the knives at all. I called BS and asked for management. They eventually called me back and said it was their mistake for making preorders. Said if I still wanted one when they come out to call once I see them in stock. They had supposedly already processed the refund. Not showing on my card btw. And then they’ll work it out. Smh. Why not just honor my preorder and ship it when it comes.
MRj “Weak things break!”
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Poor customer service on SMKW’s part!

PS - Refunds on CC takes a few business days to show up on your account.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Crox

Post by Crox »

I preordered the Cruwear Manix XL and haven’t received any updates since the order. Will be very disappointed if it gets cancelled.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Crox wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:04 pm
I preordered the Cruwear Manix XL and haven’t received any updates since the order. Will be very disappointed if it gets cancelled.

Did you preorder from SMKW or some other dealer like BladeHQ or KnifeCenter?
Crox

Post by Crox »

RamZar wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:08 pm
Crox wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:04 pm

Did you preorder from SMKW or some other dealer like BladeHQ or KnifeCenter?
Sorry, should have specified it was SMKW on 11/22/23.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Mrj wrote:
Anyone else preorder from smkw on Black Friday and get a refund?

Preordered a Native Chief Magnacut from SMKW, no message from them about a refund. Status reads "awaiting shipment."
Sorry about your cancellation.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
bleasure

Post by bleasure »

Mrj wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:01 pm
Smh.
SMHW