Spymyto is hot!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RamZar

Re: Spymyto is hot!

Post by RamZar »

LionSteel Myto does come with a tool which includes T6 & T8 plus a hex screw remover. T8 is for scale and pivot screws, T6 is for the removable flipper tab and the hex is to remove the clip screw. Myto comes with the tungsten carbide glass breaker screw for the clip but you can replace it with the included flat screw or put the clip on the reverse side. Once you’ve removed the flipper tab you can plug the hole with another included T6 screw. In some countries you can have a locking folder but it can only be opened with two hands.

I don’t know if these are all included in the SpyMyto package.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:01 am
Very cool model ... but concerning its features a mixed bag for me personally:

"Very cool model... but mixed bag" - part two ;)

- Really like frame locks, but not the deep carry clip... and it seems a bit more challenging here to get a NON deep carry alternative (if I got that knife, I´d probably just try and make a "shallow" carry solution myself).
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

SpyMyto has a run of 2000 pieces so there should be plenty to go around.

In Reveal 14, the MSRP was listed as $330.00 so we’ll have to see what the final street pricing is ($231.00-$247.50).

In Larrin’s Stainless Steel chart M398 had the second highest Edge Retention with still very good Corrosion Resistance.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Sildani

Post by Sildani »

So… any idea when this will arrive? I’d thought the purpose of Reveals was that knives shown in them were within 3 months of shipping. Did something happen?

I’m really looking forward to this knife and don’t want to miss out. It’ll be my first flipper, first Lionsteel, first deep carry, and I don’t have a micarta handled knife any more, so I need one. The steel is great and the design is really nifty and wouldn’t look out of place in Blade Runner.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Sildani wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:49 am
So… any idea when this will arrive? I’d thought the purpose of Reveals was that knives shown in them were within 3 months of shipping. Did something happen?

I’m really looking forward to this knife and don’t want to miss out. It’ll be my first flipper, first Lionsteel, first deep carry, and I don’t have a micarta handled knife any more, so I need one. The steel is great and the design is really nifty and wouldn’t look out of place in Blade Runner.
90-120 days was the original projection for products featured in these reveals. Even still, the reveals are just estimates, at best. Delays are not uncommon.
-Nick :bug-red
alphaneuron9

Post by alphaneuron9 »

RamZar wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:17 pm

Hello, RamZar, I am curious how you found this out?
Alex
Scientia et pax
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

alphaneuron9 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:25 am
RamZar wrote:

It was mentioned by Eric Glesser of Spyderco in a SHOT Show video:

https://youtu.be/e2GOsed_NCM&t=14m22s
alphaneuron9

Post by alphaneuron9 »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:46 pm
alphaneuron9 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:25 am
RamZar wrote:

It was mentioned by Eric Glesser of Spyderco in a SHOT Show video:

https://youtu.be/e2GOsed_NCM&t=14m22s
I saw the video. Thanks man! Its fun to watch Eric G. explain the knives...
Alex
Scientia et pax
RamZar

Re: SpyMyto ETA

Post by RamZar »

A European dealer has an ETA of May 10, 2024.
alphaneuron9

Re: SpyMyto ETA

Post by alphaneuron9 »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:38 pm
A European dealer has an ETA of May 10, 2024.
For my birthday. outstanding.
Alex
Scientia et pax