Reveal 14 Live!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
riclaw

Re: Reveal 14 Live!

Post by riclaw »

How do I get a nice paper copy of the Reveal? I mean a copy on par with past dead tree editions?

Per the October's Spyderco Byte, "Reveal 14 is also significant in that it represents our first all-digital Reveal. As consumer behavior and trade show dynamics change, we have been carefully monitoring our customers’ appetite for printed marketing materials. After careful analysis, the trend is clear: most consumers prefer the convenience of a digital format over traditional printed media. As such, we have decided not to print or distribute any hardcopies of Reveal 14. For traditionalists who enjoy paper copies, we ensured that Reveal 14’s digital format is printer friendly, so you can easily print your own if you choose."
- Richard
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I didn't know that. I love being being able to compare by putting one of my knives on a life size photo of another. Oh well. And no, I'm not going to be printing a catalog myself.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I’m surprised there’ll be no printed Reveal 14 mailed to subscribers. I’m also surprised it wasn’t mentioned in Post #1 of this thread on October 18th and instead buried towards the bottom of the Spyderco byte October 2023 newsletter.

It sounds more like a cost-cutting measure.

Hopefully, this trend doesn’t carry over to the 2024 Product Guide.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

cabfrank wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:10 am
I love being being able to compare by putting one of my knives on a life size photo of another. Oh well.

Ditto!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

RamZar wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:42 am
I’m surprised there’ll be no printed Reveal 14 mailed to subscribers. I’m also surprised it wasn’t mentioned in Post #1 of this thread on October 18th and instead buried towards the bottom of the Spyderco byte October 2023 newsletter.

My thoughts as well. I would hate to see the printed Annual Product Guides disappear but it sounds like that may be the case.
- Nick :bug-red
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

RamZar wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:42 am

Yesterday I got to thinking if I missed the Reveal in the mail , after reading post very disappointed. I certainly hope the catalog will not be discontinued. Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Boss Hogg

Post by Boss Hogg »

That’s too bad that we don’t get hard copies of the Reveals anymore…they were always the best “junk” mail of the year…

I’m most excited about the Native Chief LW Magnacut, as well as the Manix 2 XL CruWear, but this is a great reveal overall.

The Bodacious is cool, but doesn’t really appeal to me that much. I definitely see where it will fill a niche for Shaman users who’d prefer a non-choil variant.