Fully Serrated Military 2 ?????

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SAF-1

Fully Serrated Military 2 ?????

Post by SAF-1 »

What’s the hold up Spyderco???? I’ve been waiting for Several months and still Nothing??? Where are they ?? Why the long wait ?? I Love you Guys and been using/carrying since the early 90’s but really ?! Plz Spyderco give them up !! And while your at it just start making the in Magnacut already !! Try something different and surprise the **** outa all of us 😘 Thank you
vivi

Re: Fully Serrated Military 2 ?????

Post by vivi »

waiting on DLC myself. really excited to add one of these to my collection.
:unicorn
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I just hope they are not actually reconsidering the full SE version of some models (including the Millie 2) - the latest disco´ed list somewhat could hint that Spyderco generally is moving away from SE a bit? Or am I overly concerned here and interpreting this wrongly? (I do hope so for sure).
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
SAF-1

Post by SAF-1 »

God I hope not Brother !! I’m a HUGH Advocate for Serrations and Spyderco does some of the Best !! That being said, C’mon Magnacut 😎
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

I'm holding out for this one too. I can't wait to try out a Military 2 but it's gotta be in Spyderedge.
SAF-1

Post by SAF-1 »

Yes Sir, very impressive cutter especially when it comes to Fibrous Material like Rooe and Clothing 😜
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Judging from how rare serrations are in other brands I’ve always assumed SE variants are mostly produced for us enthusiasts. Makes sense the PE variants make it to market first if they’re producing in big batches.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

SAF-1 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:56 am
God I hope not Brother !! I’m a HUGH Advocate for Serrations and Spyderco does some of the Best !! That being said, C’mon Magnacut 😎

I hope not too... for quite while it even seemed to me that the spyderedge was gaining popularity - but I guess that was (if at all) probably "just" limited to this forum, and the general market is a different story..

The myths sourrounding SE ("hard to sharpen"... ",only good for a few certain materials"...) are still strong imo.

Anyway, not really interested in the Millie 2 myself, but I'd love to find a "1" in SE :smirk

And of course I hope for you (and certainly quite some more here) the SE Millie 2 will be here soon!!! :smiling-cheeks
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

I'm very excited for the SE Mil2; there hasn't been a serrated Military on the market in what, 15 years? Longer?

Given the relatively limited demand for SE, I plan on snagging 2x (1 user and 1 spare) as I suspect we'll only have a few years of SE. Thinking a digicam black blade SE (is that an option?) will look awesome.
SAF-1

Post by SAF-1 »

Thank you for the well wishes on the SE version I’ve got my fingers crossed 🙉 and yes, I didn’t think about that but the SE version on the Military was a Rarity. I hope they become more common ?? I’m a Fireman/Paramedic for 30yrs and I’ve used mainly Serrated edge Blades because of how effective they are !! I've personally seen people who were attacked with Serrated Edged Weapons and I can tell you it is Vicious and Devastating even with people who were wearing heavier clothing at the time 🙉
chrisjohn

Post by chrisjohn »

Waiting somewhat patiently....
SAF-1

Post by SAF-1 »

Can anyone explain the Why the Delay in the Serrated Version???? I once again got the “Hurry Up and Wait Longer” email !! It’s been Several Months 🙉 What’s the Hold Up ?? In the meantime I Ordered the M4 Yojumbo and it’s already on its way here 😎
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Someone can explain it, just not us.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SAF-1 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:17 am
What’s the hold up Spyderco???? I’ve been waiting for Several months and still Nothing??? Where are they ?? Why the long wait ?? I Love you Guys and been using/carrying since the early 90’s but really ?! Plz Spyderco give them up !! And while your at it just start making the in Magnacut already !! Try something different and surprise the **** outa all of us 😘 Thank you
Playing the "waiting game" is a fact of life when you are wanting to see what's coming down next in the Spyderco product pipeline.

I remember all the way back to the early 2000s when the 204 Sharpmaker first hit the market. I seen several ads about it in all the knife magazines a long time before it ever arrived on dealer's shelves. It took me 9 months to snag my first 204 Sharpmaker and I drove two dealers nuts asking them about it frequently.

With the demand so intense for a full Spyderedged version of the Military 2 I do think it will at some point in time come to fruition. This is not the first time that a Spyderco product has arrived later than expected. So just be patient. In all fairness to Spyderco it does take some time to develop and market new products. Especially for a smaller company like Spyderco.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SAF-1 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:17 am
Playing the "waiting game" is a fact of life when you are wanting to see what's coming down next in the Spyderco product pipeline.

I remember all the way back to the early 2000s when the 204 Sharpmaker first hit the market. I seen several ads about it in all the knife magazines a long time before it ever arrived on dealer's shelves. It took me 9 months to snag my first 204 Sharpmaker and I drove two dealers nuts asking them about it frequently.

With the demand so intense for a full Spyderedged version of the Military 2 I do think it will at some point in time it will come to fruition. This is not the first time that a Spyderco product has arrived later than expected. So just try to be patient. In all fairness to Spyderco it does take some time to develop and market new products. Especially for a smaller company like Spyderco.
SAF-1

Post by SAF-1 »

Got my Yojumbo in M4 😜 that should hold me over for a week or 2 😂🤣