NCAA Football 2023

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NCAA Football 2023

Post by MacLaren »

Oh man! I didn't realize they only had 10 on the field. The only thing that I saw was that they didn't really stack the line on that last play. I think everyone knew the Buckeyes were gonna run the ball.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

My bad....apologies
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Well Colorado got smacked by Oregon last week. They looked like a deer in the headlights. We'll see if they can play better at home tomorrow against USC. Game starts at 9am Pacific Time.

Again, two pretty good QBs on display.

Unfortunately Travis Hunter suffered a lacerated liver when he took that hit a couple of games ago and won't be playing for awhile. Really hurts a team that relies on the skill positions rather than weightlifting freaks up front.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

shunsui wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:34 am
Well Colorado got smacked by Oregon last week. They looked like a deer in the headlights. We'll see if they can play better at home tomorrow against USC. Game starts at 9am Pacific Time.

Again, two pretty good QBs on display.

Unfortunately Travis Hunter suffered a lacerated liver when he took that hit a couple of games ago and won't be playing for awhile. Really hurts a team that relies on the skill positions rather than weightlifting freaks up front.
Yes it does. But, Colorado will have to have big athletic guys on both fronts to really compete.
And, I'm not at all knocking the Buffs for not having that....they will. They'll get some good recruits and be really competitive in the future imo.
Honestly, they're gonna get beat pretty good today as well. But, that's absolutely no suprise imo.
Just gonna take a little time.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Well Colorado got hammered pretty good in the first quarter 21-0, and after that it turned into a good day of practice for both teams.

USC won 48-41, but Colorado found another good receiver in freshman Omarion Miller who had a big day with seven catches for 196 yards and a touchdown.

Shilo Sanders joined Travis Hunter on the sidelines which did not help the secondary today.

If Colorado gets healthy later this year, they should put on a good show in a bowl game somewhere, which is the best way to recruit.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

shunsui wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:46 pm
Well Colorado got hammered pretty good in the first quarter 21-0, and after that it turned into a good day of practice for both teams.

USC won 48-41, but Colorado found another good receiver in freshman Omarion Miller who had a big day with seven catches for 196 yards and a touchdown.

Shilo Sanders joined Travis Hunter on the sidelines which did not help the secondary today.

If Colorado gets healthy later this year, they should put on a good show in a bowl game somewhere, which is the best way to recruit.
Nice take!
And yes! That Miller kid is AWESOME 👌
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I definitely don't see how the voters keep ranking Georgia first. Michigan looks much more impressive. If those two teams had played yesterday, I'm sure Michigan would have won. I'm a Georgia fan and I think they need to move down in the poll. Which would definitely help provide some motivation for them. They often look overconfident to the point of being asleep.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I see where your coming from Tom. But, I wouldn't rank Michigan ahead of them. It would definitely be an SEC team. But, I feel Georgia is doin just fine. Auburn's likely to beat anybody down there on any any given Saturday imo. I feel Gerogia persevered throughout the game. They're so well coached and so dang loaded & deep that I don't sweat it to be honest. Also feel they'll hammer the crap outta Tennessee this season too. They'll really turn it on when they need to imo. I really like Beck - **** Tom, your lookin at a dynasty imho man.
Enjoy 😉
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

This gettin way outta hand.....look who just hit the transfer portal!
😆
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

If Alabama or Tennessee aren't national champs then I'm happy if any SEC team wins (except maybe Arkansas).
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Colorado played Arizona St last week. Not a fun game, but it was their first win in the conference and on the road. Arizona St looked pretty good. But I think they need a better offensive coordinator.

Anyway, just checked the TV listings and Stanford is playing at Colorado tonight (Friday) at 7pm Pacific on ESPN.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Oh wow! Thanks shunsui! Didn't realize that!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Can yall believe that game last night?
Colorado was makin it look sooooo easy against Stanford- I went to bed.....
CU up by 29 points and Stanford comes back to win in double OT!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I feel like Colorado players posting merchandise for sale on instagram at halftime showed just a wee bit of overconfidence.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

They got a little too happy too early. They had a 29-0 lead on a team that lost to Sacramento State. You'd think throwing for 400 yards and five touchdowns would usually win a game, but Stanford's football team showed up in the second half.

Stanford’s WR Elic Ayomanor earned the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week award for his efforts. He did it all, looking very comfortable against Colorado's smaller secondary.

Colorado has a bye next week so they'll have plenty of time to practice on a few things before they meet UCLA at the Rose Bowl on Oct 28.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Colorado at UCLA - Saturday 4:30pm Pacific Time on ABC.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Anyone have any thoughts on Michigan's current drama?
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

It sounds suspicious. He allegedly just happened to sexually harassed a women who came to tell his team about sexual harassment.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:01 am
It sounds suspicious. He allegedly just happened to sexually harassed a women who came to tell his team about sexual harassment.
I think that's Michigan State?
The Michigan scandal is for sign stealing if I'm not wrong.
It's incredible the Big10 hasn't done anything about it.
As far as what I think about the situation, I feel that if Harbaugh doesn't sign an extension in Ann Arbor, he will be the Las Vegas Raiders next Head Coach.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:33 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:01 am
I think that's Michigan State?
The Michigan scandal is for sign stealing if I'm not wrong.
It's incredible the Big10 hasn't done anything about it.
As far as what I think about the situation, I feel that if Harbaugh doesn't sign an extension in Ann Arbor, he will be the Las Vegas Raiders next Head Coach.
Oh...Duh! I was confused. Scandal, scandal, scandal is what we seem to have lately.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050