Spyderco Online Factory Seconds Sale!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ChrisinHove

Re: Spyderco Online Factory Seconds Sale!

Post by ChrisinHove »

I have given my head a wobble & told myself that with all the **** going on in the world, missing out on cut price 2nd quality pocket knives is pretty small.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

vivi wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:36 pm
Anyone wanna order a knife for me? Doubt it's ever gonna work for me.

disappointing.
PM heading your way
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Finally got through again, and the 8002 code was fixed or cleared on my account. I don't know what I'm going to do with a second Ayoob, but I couldn't turn it down, and the Chef and Centofante 3 knives should be cool.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:38 pm
I have given my head a wobble & told myself that with all the **** going on in the world, missing out on cut price 2nd quality pocket knives is pretty small.
This.

It's kind of thrilling to score a great deal on nice gear, and disappointing to see but not to be able to buy... but it's so small compared to other life stuff.
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

Well, after 5 1/2 hours of work, I got the one item I definitely wanted. Had to pay shipping, though, because I couldn't add any other items to my cart. A little miffed.

I'm surprised Aqua Salts are still available, given all the early excitement about them.
harpo1

Post by harpo1 »

The savings isn't worth wasting hours of my time. Spyderco I hope you don't do this again. Shows how much you really don't appreciate your customers time.
--Pete
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

So finally got home from work, after 6 hours of not being able to order thought i would have more luck on my home computer. Nope, 6 hours after the sale started, site is still extremally slow. On the bright side I guess it means people lover Spyderco.

I will keep trying I guess if I have time.

Edit: finally got to the cart I started, mystery box 2 knife is now also sold out. Pretty much missed everything I wanted, waist of time. Maybe better luck next time they run it.
Last edited by WilliamMunny on Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Coastal wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:45 pm

I'm surprised Aqua Salts are still available, given all the early excitement about them.
I think it is due to the lack of sheaths. Same for the Swicks.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Napsterninja

Post by Napsterninja »

Got three mini orders in. Wasn't able to get the 3 knives mystery box but did land the two. During breaks and sometimes I thought I was good, and the red print with asterisk appeared, sold out. Adjusted but I'm happy. 3 for 3 with the online seconds sales. Well, with the announcement of this sale, the traffic was expected. Great job Spyderco!👍
Napsterninja

Post by Napsterninja »

Napsterninja wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:58 pm
Got three mini orders in. Wasn't able to get the 3 knives mystery box but did land the two. During my work breaks, sometimes I thought I was good, and the red print with asterisk appeared, sold out. Adjusted but I'm happy. 3 for 3 with the online seconds sales. Well, with the announcement of this sale, the traffic was expected. Great job Spyderco!👍
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

At least now we see the power of a fully operational Deathstar social media account! Certainly brought a lot of people to the site. Way more than they planned for, it seems. It's a double-edged sword once all the new people start complaining about the experience, however. :shush
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Jurmuscle

Post by Jurmuscle »

I'm a little annoyed. I honestly feel like they should have a secured basket of some sort. I spent all day with a mystery box in my basket because I kept timing out every step of the way. Finally make it to submit order and it's out of stock. Have been trying sisne 9 pacific. 6 hours. Guess it wasn't meant to be.
:usflag :bug-red :bug-white-red :usflag
If we spent as much time trying as we do doubting, we might have already accomplished it.

-Tom
LeDe

Post by LeDe »

defenestrate wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:41 pm
Finally got through again, and the 8002 code was fixed or cleared on my account. I don't know what I'm going to do with a second Ayoob, but I couldn't turn it down, and the Chef and Centofante 3 knives should be cool.
Still have not been able to log in entirely but saw the product list a few times.
Have not seen the Chef though...if it was there initially, what was the price out of curiosity?

Thanks
Paleek

Post by Paleek »

I was very excited about the sale, but after 6 hours of trying and still not able to get anything??? Had multiple things in my cart, now everything I wanted is gone. I would be better if I didn’t know about this sale….
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

Got up at 3am managed to get to checkout at 7.30am . Had to enter my shipping details three times?
My mystery box was no longer available. Only Wings left in cart. :worried
Too late to retry as I had to get to work.
Ah well there's always next year's online sale.
Last edited by Ngati Pom on Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

LeDe wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:09 pm
Have not seen the Chef though...if it was there initially, what was the price out of curiosity?

Thanks
No Chefs in the sale that I saw. The initial list was posted several pages back not long after the sale started
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

LeDe wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:09 pm

Still have not been able to log in entirely but saw the product list a few times.

Thanks
63 bucks. Should be another fine knife for the kitchen (I've collected nice pocketknives for years and used cheap/average kitchen knives, working to improv3e that one knife at a time.

EDIT: oops I meant cook's knife, not a spydiechef, though that would be cool and I think I saw some in ma sale a coupla years ago.
XjJunky

Post by XjJunky »

What a joke. 6 hours and haven't gotten through once. Luckily I have a hella badass wife who spent 4 hours of here time and got me a mystery box. She even paid for it too. It's been real and fun but definitely not real fun at all. At least I know hat to expect now and I'll just buy full priced knives from now on. Still got a pocket full of cash so stopping by Cabelas on the way home and buying a **** knife.
:usflag Living Till The Death Of Me :bug-red-white
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

He meant actual kitchen knife, as opposed to SpydieChef.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I did think it was pretty cool for a bunch of Wings slipits to turn up. It's a very underrated knife, one of Spydercco's very best in more of a classic case/gecish design (still thick blades, but the looks and form factor are in the ballpark and it's not so bulky thanks to being a slipit).