Native Chief Lightweight SPY27

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bolster

Native Chief Lightweight SPY27

Post by Bolster »

I've been waiting for the Native Chief Lightweight in SPY27 to make an appearance...is it available yet? If you have one, what's your opinion? If not available yet, I still want to hear what you think of this knife! Are you interested in getting one for yourself?
Attachments
NativeChiefSPY27.jpg
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JRinFL

Re: Native Chief Lightweight SPY27

Post by JRinFL »

If I get a Chief LW, it will be this one, barring a surprise MC version.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I am waiting myself , as JR said if a Salt version ever becomes a reality I will buy it too . This sale going on is a fantastic distraction but a Chief with a Blue handle is a must . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
olywa

Post by olywa »

It's on my 'buy' list. Would be my first SPY27. Going PE on this one.
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

I wonder where this photo came from, the shade of blue looks way off from the SPY27 sprint run blue that comes on the knife. I think it’s a very solid design but there’s other options that take place of a knife like this for me (the c54)
:bug-red-white
Current “dream collection” of knives
temperance 1, lil temperance 1 serrated leaf, black micarta calypso jr & calypso, cocobolo kopa, stainless serrated harpy, stainless cricket
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I'm definitely looking forward to it as much as for the Military 2 !

Im also pretty sure the Chief LW will be as good as the N5 LW is.

So, just good stuff coming 😁
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

Definitely getting one, it'll join my Police 4 LW K390 and Resilience S35VN LW in the Big Blue Blade club ^^ (also waiting for the inevitable K390/SPY27 Stretch XL to join the bunch)
Jesla

Post by Jesla »

I’ve had this one from Lynch NW for close to a year, carry it every day due to its size and light weight combination.
Whatever turns you on, cupcake.
Still plays with knives…
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Bolster wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:50 pm
I've been waiting for the Native Chief Lightweight in SPY27 to make an appearance...is it available yet? If you have one, what's your opinion? If not available yet, I still want to hear what you think of this knife! Are you interested in getting one for yourself?
I'll definitely have one!

It is beautiful.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
vivi

Post by vivi »

I may get one down the road to try out spy27, but my first Chief LW will be the coated BD1N version for extra corrosion resistance.
:unicorn
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Ooph, that's a looker. I still think my first Chief will be a G-10 model, but man that one looks good.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
amateur blacksmith

Post by amateur blacksmith »

I have to say I'm a bit surprised at the apparent lack of interest in this. Very few posts and fell off the front page in no time. I'll be getting one to try SPY27 and to try the LW in a Native Chief.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

amateur blacksmith wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:33 pm
I have to say I'm a bit surprised at the apparent lack of interest in this. Very few posts and fell off the front page in no time. I'll be getting one to try SPY27 and to try the LW in a Native Chief.
They aren't even in stock yet. I need to save up...looks like it is going to be fun buying them! :party-face

I'm buying at least one of each of the new Spyderco Native Chiefs. The prices are OK, not too much for a Native Chief.

Check here weekly for them! Hold one now...
https://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/stor ... ightweight
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/