River's Edge Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JSumm

River's Edge Exclusive

Post by JSumm »

River's Edge edge just posted to their Instagram account what appears to be an exclusive. In the comments they say it will be making it's debut at blade show. Any ideas?

- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
JRinFL

Re: River's Edge Exclusive

Post by JRinFL »

Yes, expensive, made in a small quantity, desirable, and will leave a trail of tears from the FOMOers. At least it will fun looking at the cool pictures.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

It’s something with 10V blade steel and brown G10 scales. They use the pet name “scorpion” for their 10V models for some reason.

My guess is a 10V Shaman. Second guess would be a 10V Manix 2.
-Nick :bug-red
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Scorpion emoji....there's no way they did a Scorpius exclusive. Right?

Right???
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Evil D wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:38 pm
Scorpion emoji....there's no way they did a Scorpius exclusive. Right?

Right???
Right! ;) “Scorpion” is the trendy pet name they use for their 10V exclusives.
-Nick :bug-red
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Oh. I'm out of that loop. 😔
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Would love to see what it is, Manix or Native 5 maybe. They are good looking knives with a great steel, 10V.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

It's a PM3, black DLC and satin, they can put a scorpion on it (+$15). Looks awesome.

DLC will drop Wednesday the 7th. DLC has black liners!!!
Satin will TBD drop until they get a full shipment from Spyderco.
TBD price, "close to standard model".

REC will sell 200 DLC and 200 Satin at the Blade Show booth 748. If anyone wants to get me a Satin while at the Blade Show that would rock, its 700 miles from me so going is not an option.

REC recorded the live stream on Facebook if anyone wants to watch for more details.

I will have a really hard time choosing DLC vs Satin, think I like Satin better but if I can get a DLC I might just jump in case I miss the Satin.
IMG_4659.jpeg
IMG_4660.jpeg
IMG_4661.jpeg
Last edited by WilliamMunny on Wed May 31, 2023 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Had a feeling it'd be something along these lines.
:unicorn
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Ehhhhi I liked the green ones, but hen so did everyone else. I don’t much care for their YouTube presence. I’m good on this one.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Larrin

Post by Larrin »

kennethsime wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:03 am
Ehhhhi I liked the green ones, but hen so did everyone else. I don’t much care for their YouTube presence. I’m good on this one.
I haven’t been watching. What is so bad about their YouTube?
http://www.KnifeSteelNerds.com - Steel Metallurgy topics related to knives
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

Does anyone know about the scorpion. Is it etched on the blade? The scales?
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Nice but passing , have no interest in a Para3 . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'd be all over this in the early days of collecting. Nice knife for sure though, dig that color scheme with the dlc.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Dnwrghtsr wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 5:20 am
It's a $15 charge and they will etch it into the blade. It's just the colorway that was nicknamed Scorpion, much like the Avocado runs they do.

They seem to sell very well, 10V steel is great, a lot like K390. I am guessing demand will be extremally high as their last PM3 spirit run, the Avocado, is selling for $500+ on the secondary market. Like always there will be a lot of people trying to make money off this. I don't think these will have the same value but will make resellers money.

I want to get a satin as I use my knives and don't want to worry about the DLC scratching. Problem is I might get the DLC just incase I can't get the satin. I can sell/trade the DLC version if I get the satin. They never make this easy.
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 7:39 am
Dnwrghtsr wrote:
It's a $15 charge and they will etch it into the blade. It's just the colorway that was nicknamed Scorpion, much like the Avocado runs they do.

They seem to sell very well, 10V steel is great, a lot like K390. I am guessing demand will be extremally high as their last PM3 spirit run, the Avocado, is selling for $500+ on the secondary market. Like always there will be a lot of people trying to make money off this. I don't think these will have the same value but will make resellers money.

I want to get a satin as I use my knives and don't want to worry about the DLC scratching. Problem is I might get the DLC just incase I can't get the satin. I can sell/trade the DLC version if I get the satin. They never make this easy.
Have you used DLC coated knives before? I too was hesitant but man is it good stuff. Not a scratch on mine. I’ve even popped beer bottle tops off with the back of my knife and it’s not even marked in any way.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Foehammer wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 7:50 am
WilliamMunny wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 7:39 am
Dnwrghtsr wrote:

Have you used DLC coated knives before? I too was hesitant but man is it good stuff. Not a scratch on mine. I’ve even popped beer bottle tops off with the back of my knife and it’s not even marked in any way.
I have only used old school junk coatings that would come off. I have heard nothing but good stuff on the DLC. Might have to have both in hand to choose, will be my first PM3.
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

I would say don’t hesitate to get the DLC, it’s truly amazing stuff and will blow you away with its performance.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
Guts

Post by Guts »

Nice, never tried 10V steel so I might give it a go and see if I can get one. Would rather have gotten the PM2 version, but I've long since missed the boat on that one so I'm glad I'll get another chance at grabbing some 10V.
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

If I didn't already have a K390 Para 3, this would be a nice one to have.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035