MT39P – CPM 15V Mule Team Dropping Soon!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
TazKristi

MT39P – CPM 15V Mule Team Dropping Soon!

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, everyone!
We're happy to announce the MT39P – CPM 15V Mule Team will be released on Tuesday, 23-May-2023 at 09:00 am MDT.

MSRP: $75.00 (USD) (Additional Discounts Do Not Apply)

Mule Team handle scales (MTGBK) and sheaths (MTLSH) and (MTSH) will also be available through SFO (sold separately).

Shipping information can be found here.

Sales will be limited to TWO per household.

Don't forget to come back and share your experience in the Mule Team sub-forum! We'll be watching, and we can't wait to see what everyone does next!

Kristi

Edit to add: Tips & Tricks to Improve Your Mule Team Shopping Experience!

If you have an account on Spyderco.com - Log into it ahead of time and ensure that your billing, shipping addresses, and contact information are correct and current.

If you do not have an account on Spyderco.com - Register NOW and ensure your information is correct and current.

If your Spyderco.com billing address does not match the billing address associated with your card, your purchase may be declined – that is something outside of our control. Even a simple typo of one character can cause a declined transaction.

On the day of the release, log into your account a few minutes earlier than the release time (09:00 am MDT).

Have your payment information ready to enter. We do not store credit card information on our site, but if you are comfortable storing it in your browser, I highly recommend doing so ahead of time. You might also take a minute to call your card company (the day before the release) and let them know you will be making a purchase on Spyderco.com. This can prevent any confusion about potential fraud during the transaction.

If there are other items you want to purchase at the same time, add those to your cart a few minutes before the release. This will allow you to go straight to checkout once you have added the Mule to your cart.

Do you use a VPN? You might want to disable it during the release. VPNs definitely have their place and can be a valuable tool. Unfortunately, a shocking number of VPN IPs are associated with spammers and fraudsters. Those IPs can be blocked from our site if we have encountered fraud or issues in the past. If you’d like to check the status of your IP before the release, check https://www.ipqualityscore.com/free-ip- ... y-vpn-test.

And finally, if possible, ensure you are connected with a stable internet connection with the fastest connection speed possible. We know this is not a possibility for everyone, but the truth is, the faster and more stable your connection, the easier it is to shop during popular releases.

We have done everything that we can do on our end to improve stability and speed, but there are a lot of variables outside of our control. My hope is that these tips will help improve your experience.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
RamZar

Re: MT39P – CPM 15V Mule Team Dropping Soon!

Post by RamZar »

The 15V BBB Mule Team should be very popular. Hopefully, 2000 were produced.

The MT38 Mule Team M398 MICROCLEAN had 1800 units and took 5 months to sell out but the MT39P 15V BBB should sell out much faster in similar quantity.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

Hoping to get in on this Mule!
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Thanks Kristi! This is going to be another exciting drop!
Did anybody ever ask... Is Shawn Houston's Big Brown Bear BBB logo also on the 15v Mule Team?
•• Beau
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 3:47 pm
Did anybody ever ask... Is Shawn Houston's Big Brown Bear BBB logo also on the 15v Mule Team?

The Spyderco website and app make no mention of the BBB heat treat or logo. However, Reveal 12 (below) did mention this: “Capable of extreme sharpness and unparalleled edge retention, the CPM 15V in this Mule Team is even better when its performance is optimized by a special heat treating protocol developed by acclaimed custom knifemaker Shawn Houston.”

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Buddafucco wrote:
Thanks Kristi! This is going to be another exciting drop!
RamZar wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 4:02 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
The Spyderco website and app make no mention of the BBB heat treat or logo. However, Reveal 12 (below) did mention this: “Capable of extreme sharpness and unparalleled edge retention, the CPM 15V in this Mule Team is even better when its performance is optimized by a special heat treating protocol developed by acclaimed custom knifemaker Shawn Houston.”
Yes, it will include the BBB logo. *EDITED - I missed it, but Shawn Houston is mentioned already in the copy on the website. ;)

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Yes! Hoping for at least 1 maybe more!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I hoped it would drop in june, but I'm still in !

Im so late, i have to write up about srs13 still 🤣
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

Hopefully I can score one as I don't have any 15V yet. Really wanted the Manix 2 but things didn't quite align for me.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Announcements on Spyderco App and Instagram respectively.

Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Can we ask how many produced? Biggest value in 15V. No brainer for me.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Fireman wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:22 pm
Can we ask how many produced? Biggest value in 15V. No brainer for me.
Biggest value was the Manix 2, amazing price point for what you got. But $75 is not bad either…
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Trev

Post by Trev »

I’m sure people will be excited for this release.

https://youtu.be/vWR9yGLmM1k
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

I'm surprised the price isn't higher.
sal

Post by sal »

Bemo wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:37 pm

Hi Bemo,

We operate on relatively fixed margins. While some (on this forum) have commented that they think we charge high prices and they think we're greedy, that is not the case.

At Spyderco, we feel that "to charge as much as the market will bare is to bite the hand that feeds you".

sal
tcarltonw

Post by tcarltonw »

You are the man Sal
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

Bemo wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:37 pm
Yeah, $75 is a good deal for this blade, wasn't the recent AEBL higher? I'll be in for this mule, I have the relatively similar MagnaCut and S45VN to compare, it would be nice to have a 15V to compare to my Z-Max (and M398 to some extent) as well.

I'd realistically use one of the PM2s more, but couldn't nab one, and the secondary market is nutty. Hopefully there are enough of these to snag a copy.
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

Is anyone else frantically trying to translate 9am MDT into their local time outside the USA?! 😂 Thank you Spyderco for not doing it at noon your time - catching drops from other brands or distributors always seems to mean staying up until 2am in Singapore.
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

JoviAl wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 5:41 am
Is anyone else frantically trying to translate 9am MDT into their local time outside the USA?! 😂 Thank you Spyderco for not doing it at noon your time - catching drops from other brands or distributors always seems to mean staying up until 2am in Singapore.
FYI, 9 am MDT is 15 UTC. And if that’s still not helpful, check the timestamp of this post, 9 am MDT will occur in 3 minutes from now. The current time at writing this post is 8:57 am MDT.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Sweet, I will be in town and can go by to the shop and grab my lot!