Spyderco Mashup

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Spyderco Mashup

Post by Evil D »

Blade + handle = A knife you wish they'd make.

Be realistic, no fantasy stuff that's never been made. What could realistically be put into production?

For me,

1. Military 2 + Para 2 tanto blade (longer of course). SE would be cool but I'd buy it in PE.

2. Military 2 + ATR blade. Give it a similar blade as the ATR 2 with the stronger point and swedge and Cobra Hood. In fact I'd be interested in this blade/hood design on many handles. The Cobra Hood is one of the coolest and most underutilized Spyderco features.

3. Civilian handle + Military blade. Basically a back lock Military. The handle shape is pretty similar already. I love how the handle of the Civilian is practically a handle-forward design and covers a good bit of ricasso. Not sure what to do with the Military choil though? Probably wouldn't really need it with this handle.

4. Autonomy 1 handle + Citadel 92mm blade. Possibly my favorite Spyderco blade shape of all time. I'm just now realizing that the Citadel is basically an automatic Caribbean. Hmm.

What have you got?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Re: Spyderco Mashup

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

I’ll go “D”… the Pacific Salt with the Stretch 2 xl lw handle in Orange and a TiCN blade 👍
mongo1958

Post by mongo1958 »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:59 am
Blade + handle = A knife you wish they'd make.

Be realistic, no fantasy stuff that's never been made. What could realistically be put into production?

For me,

1. Military 2 + Para 2 tanto blade (longer of course). SE would be cool but I'd buy it in PE.

2. Military 2 + ATR blade. Give it a similar blade as the ATR 2 with the stronger point and swedge and Cobra Hood. In fact I'd be interested in this blade/hood design on many handles. The Cobra Hood is one of the coolest and most underutilized Spyderco features.

3. Civilian handle + Military blade. Basically a back lock Military. The handle shape is pretty similar already. I love how the handle of the Civilian is practically a handle-forward design and covers a good bit of ricasso. Not sure what to do with the Military choil though? Probably wouldn't really need it with this handle.

4. Autonomy 1 handle + Citadel 92mm blade. Possibly my favorite Spyderco blade shape of all time. I'm just now realizing that the Citadel is basically an automatic Caribbean. Hmm.

What have you got?
Caribbean leaf blade SE with the new Military 2 handle and lock.
Mongo1958
****John3:16****
:bug-red-white Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? :bug-red-white
Para 3 Dark Blue G10 S110V (First Spyderco), PM2 Black G10 S45VN, Manix 2 LW Translucent Blue BD1N, Sage 5 LW S30V, Shaman G10 S30V, Tenacious C122BK SE LW, Native 5 LW SE S35VN, P4SE K390, Delica 4SE K390, Endela SE K390, Caribbean SE LC200N, Dragonfly 2 S30V (wife's first Spydie), Autonomy 2 Black LC200N DLC SE.
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

Pacific Salt wharncliffe blade profile
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

Manix2 FFG blade on a pm2 handle; comp lock or cbbl whatever works.

I really really liked the Manix 2 blade, even more so than my beloved pm2s’, but the handle ergos killed me and I can’t even say why. Just didn’t like them.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
Drubieg

Post by Drubieg »

Lol I literally made a thread right before this that was similar. I’m rolling with this tho!

I got a skinny mod rock lobster that I think is already a great mashup/fusion between a military and a Spydiechef!
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Drubieg wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:01 pm
Lol I literally made a thread right before this that was similar. I’m rolling with this tho!

I got a skinny mod rock lobster that I think is already a great mashup/fusion between a military and a Spydiechef!
That sounds really cool…gotta a pic handy by chance?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Drubieg wrote:

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:04 pm
Drubieg wrote:

~David
Drubieg

Post by Drubieg »

5E389616-9E9B-474D-A433-00593ED3BD43.jpeg
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Those are some killer looking knives!!!👏👊
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Evil D wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:08 pm
Drubieg wrote:

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:04 pm
Drubieg wrote:

Hey David, seeing as how you’re all SE now what about parting ways with that 🦞 🤣
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

PM2 Handle and Lock + GB2 Blade, M4 is fine but a Crucarta version would rock.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
endura3

Post by endura3 »

I'd love an Atlantic Salt with a leaf-shaped blade similar to the PM2 or straight spine stretch. I love the Atlantic's integral FRN handle and "PM2-ish" profile - I think it would be a great platform for other blade designs! Although I can't imagine sales of such a niche model would support that (particularly given the similarity in structure between what I'm asking for and other existing knives like the Stretch 2 LW)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:45 pm
PM2 Handle and Lock + GB2 Blade, M4 is fine but a Crucarta version would rock.

Oh that's a good one, I really like the GB1 blade too, I'd take that one on several handles.
~David
standy99

Post by standy99 »

GB1 fixed blade.

Change nothing shape wise, just make it in a fixed blade with Micarta scales
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

endura3 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:49 pm
I'd love an Atlantic Salt with a leaf-shaped blade similar to the PM2 or straight spine stretch. I love the Atlantic's integral FRN handle and "PM2-ish" profile - I think it would be a great platform for other blade designs! Although I can't imagine sales of such a niche model would support that (particularly given the similarity in structure between what I'm asking for and other existing knives like the Stretch 2 LW)
I held the Atlantic not too long ago and it felt great in hand but was on a Siren mission…if I wasn’t it would have been out the door with me…a leaf shaped blade would be sweet 👊
270ultimate

Post by 270ultimate »

Kris blade + any handle
Giygas

Post by Giygas »

My very first fixed blade design was a dodo handle with a yojimbo blade.
Currently testing: M398, D3, SLD-Magic
Favorites: 10V, s90v
Wishlist: S290, Vancron, S125V, K890
17 Spydies, 14 steels
13 Maxace, 9 steels

https://instagram.com/cnyknifenut
https://youtube.com/@CNYKnifeNerd
cjk

Post by cjk »

* Native 5 wharncliffe (preferably forest green G-10 and satin CruWear)
* Wharncliffe Dragonfly Salt
* Wharncliffe backlock Sage
* G-10 Endela (grey with Cruwear like the Stretch 2 XL would be AOK even though forest green is the best G-10 color :winking-tongue )
* Salt Stretch 2 XL
* Serrated FRN Chaparral
* Wharncliffe FRN Chaparral
* Serrated wharncliffe FRN Chaparral
* FFG Serrated VG-10 Delicas and Enduras

Yes, I'm boring. :cheap-sunglasses
Last edited by cjk on Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
kobold

Post by kobold »

Manix 2 handle (and lock) + Shaman blade.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10