RIP Raquel Welch

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Ankerson

RIP Raquel Welch

Post by Ankerson »

She will be missed.
James Y

Re: RIP Raquel Welch

Post by James Y »

RIP, Raquel Welch. I know that nobody lives forever, and she was 82. But she was one of those people I thought would still be around for a long time to come.

She was in one of my favorite movies as a kid; One Million Years B.C. I think that was her debut? Anyway, I loved it for her and the dinosaurs.

https://youtu.be/qvOw9NAzUp4

Another of my favorite Raquel Welch movies is Hannie Caulder:

https://youtu.be/TDqOkq2g8CA

Jim
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Back in the late 60s ( yeah I'm that old :nerd ) Raquel Welch was a major crush of mine in my teenage years. Almost every guy I used to run with had pictures of Raquel Welch and/or Farrah Fawcett on their walls.

I always thought that Raquel and Linda Ronstadt both had a real natural beauty. Neither one of those girls needed to be pasted with Maybelline at all>> yeah they were that pretty back in the day>> you can add Bridget Bardot to that list as well.

Raquel was a really classy lady who was far different than most of the celebrity girls of this era ( GOD help us). We are going to see a lot of people from that era check out here in the next 5 years. RIP Raquel Welch
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Those hispanic beauties can't be beat and Raquel Welch was no exception. Like all kids in the 1960's, she was at the top of my most loved list. Her death means I'm getting older. No matter, she will be missed.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Sad to see my childhood/youth idols pass one by one. Of course it is expected and inevitable, but still makes me sad.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

She's well before my time, but I definitely remember being a kid in the late 80's-early 90's and my uncle having posters of her and a few other good looking ladies from the 60's-80's hanging up in his garage. I agree with Doc, those Latina woman are naturally beautiful and you can appreciate it more from back in Raquel's day, because you know she was totally natural and not altered with all the imaging and surgeries woman can do these days to look how they want. I respect the beauty of woman in the past so much more these days.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:23 am
Sad to see my childhood/youth idols pass one by one. Of course it is expected and inevitable, but still makes me sad.
Me too ! She was iconic in our early years ! ;) Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
James Y

Post by James Y »

She was definitely a classy lady, who refused to ever pose in the nude. She didn't have to.

Even though I'm a little younger than a lot (most?) of the guys who idolized Raquel Welch in her prime (I'm 59), she had a natural beauty that seems rare today, at least among women in the spotlight. She didn't dye her hair purple, or look into the camera cross-eyed with her tongue sticking out. I feel a bit sorry for the younger generation coming up.

Sadly, just within the past several months, a LOT of that past era's actors, actresses, singers, and musicians have been passing away at a seemingly accelerated rate.

Jim
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

It sure seems that way, huh? I think it is just because we're all getting older though.