Wedding Spydie

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bradley

Wedding Spydie

Post by Bradley »

It’s happening y’all. I’m getting married. I have a decent collection of spydies that I love, but I think a special something is in order for my big day. It’s at the end of the year and I’m curious about y’all’s opinion’s or experiences regarding special knives for weddings. I’m sure I own something that would fit the bill, but what would you choose for your wedding? (Or what DID you choose for your wedding?) Keep in mind whatever I don’t currently own would need to be procured. Suggestions for 1 of 1 models (or of similarly rarity) might be a slight waste. I appreciate all input! I’ll list some previous considerations below. :)

Ideas: Kopas or Kiwis with special inlays, micarta, carbon fiber, titanium?, very limited run models, small knives
Tristan_david2001

Re: Wedding Spydie

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

Congratulations on your marriage. Kopas are my favorite small knife/knife in its size category. So if you’re looking for a small knife that has a lot of elegance and specialty, I’d recommend that.
:bug-red-white
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Congratulations!

I'll suggest the Bradley Air...
So it goes.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

It’s got to be a WaterWay to cut the cake…… ;)
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageA Chap Sun/Moon , or the CF model may fit the bill if you prefer small and discreet . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I agree with MG2.

A gentlemanly Chaparral should fit the bill quite nicely. The Stepped Titanium has stunning 3D milling — a functional piece of art. However, some of the current production ones will do nicely as well: Raffir Noble, Sun & Moon and Birdseye Maple.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

I would vouch for the next models.
Original Rubicon , Deshorn , Nirvana for the more recent models and Centofante vesuvius with blue pua shell inlay for older designs.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I think I'd go with a Kopa or Kiwi but finding them and paying what they go for will cost you a second marriage.

The last wedding I was in I was a groomsmen and the groom gave out personalized Case folders, not really what I'd carry today but very nice and fit the situation well.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:59 am
I agree with MG2.

A gentlemanly Chaparral should fit the bill quite nicely. The Stepped Titanium has stunning 3D milling — a functional piece of art. However, some of the current production ones will do nicely as well: Raffir Noble, Sun & Moon and Birdseye Maple.

Nice collection Ramzar!
Like the looks of all of them but the maple. For some reason the wood i can not help it but it always reminds me of the cheap compressed lumber beams you find in the do it youre self stores. I know its not but that color is so close to it for me. :flushed
miohin

Post by miohin »

My spydie supply was pretty limited at the time, but if memory serves correctly it was the S30V Teal Endura for me. Certainly a little large and loud for a suit, but I mean might as well commit, right?

If I had the funds I would've went with a chap of some variety, likely Sun and Moon.
Lurker
Rymanz

Post by Rymanz »

I had a CF Chap on me for my wedding. Tasteful and hides well in slacks.

What about a Kiwi with nice handle inlays?
:bug-red
Models: PM2, Endura 4, Chaparral, Para 3 LW, Rescue 3, Para 3, Shaman, Manix 2, Native 5
Steels: Elmax, S30V, XHP, 4V, VG-10, CPM CRU-WEAR, K390, Z-WEAR, S45VN, 204P, REX 45
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Don’t forget about cutting the cake! We used the Rock Salt in 2019!

Think for yourself
Fly Fishing Rick

Post by Fly Fishing Rick »

I think a gentleman's knife is the answer and it's sure hard to go wrong with the Chaparral for any occasion.
-Jimmy
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Congratulations on the marriage!
A nicer version of the Chaparral would be a great choice, as has been said. If you can find a One-Eyed Jack, that is one really beautiful knife with all of the file work, polishing, and inlays. Another good choice, if you can find one, is a Nishijin Dragonfly.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
soulspy

Post by soulspy »

I went with the Lil Nilakka for my wedding.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

soulspy wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:31 am
I went with the Lil Nilakka for my wedding.

Congrats! Lil’ Nilakka (2.3” blade length of RWL34 powdered stainless steel) is a very unique one batch and done piece (Flash Batch).

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
rgc

Post by rgc »

Well Bradley, I would pick a Bradley Folder 2 Carbon Fiber. Seems fitting to me.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

With what you could actually find now I would recommend the Ivory/Damasteel Urban. I polished mine but you could always get some different scales made if that’s your flavor. I wear mine clipless in the bottom of my dress pants, in case you don’t want something clipped to your pocket on the big day.

Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Ranger_Ike

Post by Ranger_Ike »

Dazen wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:39 pm

+1 on the ivory urban. Seems like a wedding kinda knife.

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

For me it would be the Stealth Ti Chaparral. If you can't find one, then the carbon fiber Chaparral.