The Spyderco knife used on Chicago PD.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steeljustice

The Spyderco knife used on Chicago PD.

Post by steeljustice »

Did anyone else see the Spyderco knife the undercover officer, used in his fight for his life?
It was so quick when he pulled it out in a second I saw the shape of the blade and the hole, my best guess is it was a PM2.
Laphroaig9

Re: The Spyderco knife used on Chicago PD.

Post by Laphroaig9 »

It was the Manbug. The largest knife officers in Chicago are allowed to carry... :smlling-eyes :squinting-tongue :thinking :winking-tongue :shush :squinting-tongue
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

It looks like a saber grind Endura.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I didn't see the episode being discussed, but in a few early Chicago PD episodes, the Hank Voight character used a saber-ground Endura 4 with combo-edge for various tasks (some illegal).

Jim
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Laphroaig9 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:29 pm
It was the Manbug. The largest knife officers in Chicago are allowed to carry... :smlling-eyes :squinting-tongue :thinking :winking-tongue :shush :squinting-tongue
That is funny, but not true. Well, at least my brother a Chicago Cop with almost 30 years on the job all over the city never got called on wearing/carrying knives over 2.5 inches.

He still carries knives that I give him, and they are all around a 4 inch length. Wight now he carries a ZT, and I am trying to move him to a Spyderco Native Chief!!!!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Well I watched it might have been Spyderco. Wonder why detective had to pocket fish, when knife should have had clip? DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Chicago PD is entertainment show, no real Cop show like Adam 12, or Sam. Both from Jack Webb.

If Chicago had real Cops like deprecated on TV, Chicago would be safe place. Not killing fields.
steeljustice

Post by steeljustice »

T.V.and Movies really push knife sales i remember when in the first John Wick movie, a Microtech auto was seen being used by Mr. Wick.

Soon where i was working in a sporting goods store selling high dollar knives, there was a real run of people wanting to see our Microtects and many were being sold.

Boss asked what was happening she had not seen these knives selling for over $500 moving out so quickly, i said it was because John Wick she looked at me and said who is John Wick?

I just replied a nice guy using Microtect knives in his work.
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

akapennypincher wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:41 pm
Well I watched it might have been Spyderco. Wonder why detective had to pocket fish, when knife should have had clip? DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Chicago PD is entertainment show, no real Cop show like Adam 12, or Sam. Both from Jack Webb.

If Chicago had real Cops like deprecated on TV, Chicago would be safe place. Not killing fields.
If you want cops to prevent crime, you’d better put one on every corner and/or take away people’s 4th amendment rights.

Given the choice, I think most of us would prefer not to do either of those things so it’s not exactly a fair standard.
akapennypincher

aaronkb wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:25 am
akapennypincher wrote:

If you want cops to prevent crime, you’d better put one on every corner and/or take away people’s 4th amendment rights.

Given the choice, I think most of us would prefer not to do either of those things so it’s not exactly a fair standard.
Or allow police to enforce laws, not stand down, or stand back.

Then after suspect is convicted, tough Judges who had out time.

Not candy bars.
akapennypincher

akapennypincher wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:00 am
aaronkb wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:25 am
akapennypincher wrote:

Or allow police to enforce laws, not stand down, or stand back.

Then after suspect is convicted, tough Judges who had out time.

Not candy bars.

Good friend is retired CPD, 32 years, could have been promoted many times. But Berber had TRIBUTE to give Alderman.

That is hii or w it works in Chicago.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Wow, that got political real quick. Truthfully I don’t want to have that debate with anyone here, I just want to talk about knives. Pics help and I may have found one albeit a poor angle. Is this the character in question? Never seen the show but searched “Chicago PD knife fight.” Agreed with what was said above, it’s tough to tell but it looks closer to a combo edge Endura than a PM2.
akapennypincher

Chicago PD, Fire, and Med, are always on in my home.

Like all three.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:51 pm
Wow, that got political real quick.

This surprises anyone? This is today's America and, to an increasing extent, today's world. Virtually everything is political. "Politics is the organization of hatred." Politicians are the high priests of hatred. We walk around hoping that nobody points the spotlight of politics onto knives, but when that happens, hatreds will be organized, and knife carry will become--through enforcement--a thing of the past. That's the future I see. I hope I'm wrong. I use my knives for peaceful and productive purposes each and every day.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Bolster wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:10 pm
Hopsbreath wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:51 pm
Wow, that got political real quick.

This surprises anyone? This is today's America and, to an increasing extent, today's world. Virtually everything is political. "Politics is the organization of hatred." Politicians are the high priests of hatred. We walk around hoping that nobody points the spotlight of politics onto knives, but when that happens, hatreds will be organized, and knife carry will become--through enforcement--a thing of the past. That's the future I see. I hope I'm wrong. I use my knives for peaceful and productive purposes each and every day.
There exist seemingly endless forums to discuss politics. Do you have an opinion about the knife used in the show? Do you agree it appears to be an Endura or perhaps something else?
James Y

Post by James Y »

It looks like an Endura to me. I could have sworn that someone had posted a screen shot of a close-up of the knife in full view (or was that in another thread?) from the fight scene, and it looked like a saber-ground, PE Endura 4, with the edge heavily modified (dulled) for use as a prop.

The Endura 4 seems to be a popular model on the set of Chicago PD. There was also an episode where a female main baddie used an SS Police as her weapon of choice.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Here's one of the Endura 4 scenes. Still a saber grind, but PE. The prop department must have gotten several SG Endura 4's early on.

The knife comes out @ 2:28:

https://youtu.be/1Vp4thJ1KgQ

Jim